Needle in a haystack...What's the odds!!!

Beefcake

Elite Member
I have been wanting to get into this particular patch of woods for the last two years.... Within the woods is a small mining ghost town called New England... It was used in the 1800's and ceased to exist in the early 1900's. It is all grown up with woods now. I began looking at some of the old topographical maps of the area and discovered that there were roughly 20 structures in this town. NO ONE, has heard of it around here. There is a small dead end access road that leads to where I believe the old town exists... I've driven up there a few times, but it dead ends into someone's driveway and I always feel like a trespasser, so I've never persued it. There isn't another access road into where I believe the site sets... So, now for the needle in the haystack... I was out detecting and recieve a phone call... It's my buddy and he said he has a fella that needs to find his septic tank cover in his yard... Sure, where's he live... Well, he lives off of such and such and if you turn off of New England road there's a little dead end.... Wait a minute... Is it the guy that lives at the top of the dead end???? YUP... You've got to be kidding me... I've been wanting to talk to this guy for 2 years and he calls me of all people!!! So I'm suppose to meet with him next week to find his cover and I'll be pouring on the schmooozing to let me park there and enter the woods... He mentioned that he knew of at least one structure up there... So, with any luck, I'll be into about 20 structures that were used in the mid to late 1800's and hopefully get into some seated coins and possible gold???? Workers were often paid in small gold pieces back then... Simply Astronomical Odds!!! Here's the Topo and the small town of New England is in the SE corner of the map.

Attachments

• CanalDover12sw.jpg
    CanalDover12sw.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Good luck out there, Beef. got my fingers crossed for you.
I still wanna get into the ghost town we're looking for around here.

I wish you all the best of luck out there! That sounds like great area to hunt!

WOW! You must almost feel as if you've hit the lottery! :tumble:

You didn't even have to seek him out, Brian! He found you first!

I'm sure he'll be more than happy to allow you access to the woods, and I feel sure there are going to be some fantastic finds posted here! ;) He might even know some things about the ghost town, and be able to give you some tips!

keep us updated! :yes:

It's funny how stuff works out like that. When you think of something long enough, things seem to come together to make what you want happen. I believe in positive thinking so I bet it paid off in your case congratulations!Good luck on the hunting there and look forward to seeing your finds!

Very nice, beef. I hear opportunity knocking. Crazy how things work out. Hit it hard and show us some good stuff, hopefully.

Good one Brian

So, who you gonna take with you. Long walk in deep woods where polar bears and alligators have been sighted in the past.:shock: Don't go it alone. It's just a brief 17 hour ride for me. Why I could be there in the morning if you can't find another volunteer. :lol: Gil

So, who you gonna take with you. Long walk in deep woods where polar bears and alligators have been sighted in the past.:shock: Don't go it alone. It's just a brief 17 hour ride for me. Why I could be there in the morning if you can't find another volunteer. :lol: Gil

Brian,

I'm only about an hour or so away from you! :yes: ;)

Back
Top Bottom