• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Looking to purchase first machine (again), $350 limit

aperdue

So, father in law is wanting to buy me a detector and my limit is $350. If it were up to me, I would put some of my own money with it and get an at pro, but he wont let me. Anyway, $350 limit, mostly just looking for coins and stuff in the Texas soil. Last time I was looking at the Fisher F44. Is there another I should look at?

It is a pity you can't add more cash and buy an AT Gold. So, buy the ACE 400 and a pro pointer. You won't go wrong with that combination.:detector:

Teknetics is closing out their Omega 8000 detector. I have one coming and can get it to you - new in the box for $325 shipped.

What ever you do pick a unit that has true ground balance. There are some like the Garrett Ace series that are fixed and that will limit the areas where they can effectively be used. I personally prefer the Bounty Hunter LRP which is the biggest bang for the buck in that price range.

I live in East Texas. I have the Ace 250. I KILL the coins because I use the sniper coil. I would get the Ace 300 and sniper coil. I have more expensive detectors, but when it comes to coins, rings,and other goodies in the Texas challenging sites, I always get out the Ace/sniper combo-and have done so for 10 years. The 300 is a much improved version. AND, it only takes the push of a button to change choices. It is a well thought out, highly versatile detector. :cool:

Received some more cash for Christmas and got a great deal from Craig at Showmetreasure.com . I will be getting an AT Pro in the mail soon :wow:

I'll agree with Bowwinkles....The Land Ranger Pro.
It's the same platform as the Eurotek Pro, but tons more bells and whistles. It's sub $300, and gives you ground grab and manual ground balance. Plus, the price includes a DD coil. There are good comparison videos between the LRP and the Ace 400, if you want to compare the two.
At the price range you mentioned, the LRP will be tough to beat in performance and features. Plus, the remaining money could be put toward a pinpointer or accessories. Check with the sponsors.

Back
Top Bottom