A Decent Day in the Backyard

Rock Jock

Elite Member
Homeless in USA - Frequently in Charleston, SC
Here's two finds from today's MDing in the backyard:
Another Davis Cafe 5 cent token (eighth 5 center, ten tokens total).
P7310892.jpg

P7310891.jpg

P7310893.jpg

P7310894.jpg

P7310901.jpg

P7310902.jpg
The odd protrusion in the 4th image above is a rusty concretion covered nail encountered 2 inches away from the token.
Next find is a 1902 "V" nickel, my first and oldest to date with a metal detector. :drums::tiphat:
P7310897.jpg

P7310899.jpg

P7310900.jpg

Sweet! Must be nice to have that kind of action in the backyard. The only thing in my backyard is dog poop. I haven't actually detected it, but maybe I should. How old is that token? I found something similar on my hunt today.

Good show. I'd rather find a trade token than a coin any day. And I like the fresh-reveal shots :)

Sweet! Must be nice to have that kind of action in the backyard. The only thing in my backyard is dog poop. I haven't actually detected it, but maybe I should. How old is that token? I found something similar on my hunt today.

I'm trying to get a date range for the tokens (or at least the Davis Cafe) but nothing solid yet. I suspect it was 1920s.

Good show. I'd rather find a trade token than a coin any day. And I like the fresh-reveal shots :)

Thanks, Tom! I thought it was interesting getting that rusty ol nail so close to the "V" nickel in such a small hole. Why we get blended signals. Iron audio was growling at the same time Zero Mode was reporting good shallow higher ID numbers and !!!! numbers. It was shallow and I was picking up metal signals at surface with my Propointer. Jeez I love those shallow signals!

Sounds like theres a token hoard in that backyard, lol. I really like tokens, that ones in great shape. Nice “V” too. Can’t wait to see what else you find there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens are pretty tough to find around here, sounds like you have an awesome site right at your fingertips! 10 tokens total makes me wonder if there was a store/saloon in that area at one point. Looking forward to seeing what else comes out of there. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom