Anyone near Elgin IL?

Poured again yesterday in Elgin.....the ground should be pretty decent on Saturday. I walked on my lawn yesterday and it DIDN'T feel like shredded wheat spread over concrete for a change!

Warner

Hi I went out to a park this AM. decided to dig everything in an area about the size of a small house ,in two hours I got one 1989 1dollar piece and six dollars in clad ,six pop-tops one aaa battery one zipper one button six tent stakes and a handful of mis. trash. Its the first time I dug every signal . I made a new way of digging plugs and it worked well, I will bring it Sat.

Very cool I dig pretty much everything anyway since I use my Tesoro's. I am heading out tonight to try my Landstar for the first time since its purchase from Craigslist. I may try it out to make sure it works than sell it off to save up for my Whites MXT.

weather's looking awesome for Saturday...
So who's in?

hopefully I can get myself a new digger before then...I only have the cheapos from Menard's right now...

So who's in?

hopefully I can get myself a new digger before then...I only have the cheapos from Menard's right now...

I'm in.....very much looking forward to it! Thanks for letting me tag along guys....I know nothing about this hobby so it will be awesome to learn from you guys.

Warner

So who's in?

If my in-laws weren't up for the weekend and my wife's birthday just around the corner, I'd be there. I was selfishly hoping for bad weather so it would be postponed. Oh well.....I'll keep an eye on this section for more nearby events. Thought there was a Woostock one in the works earlier this summer.

If my in-laws weren't up for the weekend and my wife's birthday just around the corner, I'd be there. I was selfishly hoping for bad weather so it would be postponed. Oh well.....I'll keep an eye on this section for more nearby events. Thought there was a Woostock one in the works earlier this summer.

I'd be up for a Woodstock one :) I live there...woods behind my house (although I don't know what we'd find there), parks, schools, etc

I am thinking we should switch up the meeting spot and hit Wing Park we have alot of detectors now which is great but may be too much for Larkin. So what do you think about Wing Park at 1:30pm.

I am thinking we should switch up the meeting spot and hit Wing Park we have alot of detectors now which is great but may be too much for Larkin. So what do you think about Wing Park at 1:30pm.

That works for me....and I think it's a good idea. Even though school hasn't started yet, there's a lot of activity there on the weekends lately (football, soccer, etc). Is everyone else okay with that idea? Does anyone need directions?

Warner

Hey all can't wait til tomorrow wanna do a head count? My friend Fred and I are gonna be there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm in....at least for a couple of hours.

Warner

PS - Does everyone know how to find Wing Park? I have a suggestion for the very first area to check.

Warner

I know where it is where yah thinkin?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If we park right in front where the golfing building is, there's a field right there and a group of trees where people are ALWAYS hanging out. I think the first place we should check is all around those trees. It might make sense to search the west side of the field, too, as there is almost always a group of people playing pickup soccer games there.....just an idea.

Warner

Back
Top Bottom