View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mister7 View post
I've recently purchased the Whites MXT and couldn't be more pleased with its overall performance and accuracy.Been able to find my fair share of wheaties,musket shot and a Indy (very thin and brittle)that I'm still trying to figure the age one. My question pertains to ghost signals.There are times,mostly in trashy areas where I'll get a full bar on the VDI and great audio signal then initiate the dig and recheck my hole and poof the signal vanishes....Any ideas on why this occurs?
Hi Mister7, I have several questions for you:

You say it happens in trashy areas. What coil are you using?

Is most of the trash of a ferrous nature?

Was the machine on auto-track, or did you lock the ground balance after balancing on clean ground?

What was the sensitivity setting?

When you pin pointed the ghost target, how deep was it? How "tight/small" was the target as you swept it in pin point mode (while listening to the pin point VCO signal, did you get a short bleep, or was the VCO sound on the broadish side)?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The one lesson we've learned from history is that
we have not learned any of history's lessons.