Excal II battery charging question.

Aquaman

Elite Member
My DF is down for repairs so my backup is my Excal II until my DF gets back from Whites. Have I read correctly that the newer Excal II battery can be recharged daily without concern? Lets say I recharged the battery recently for 17 hours (so its fully charged). I then go hunting on Tuesday for 4 hours and then again on Thursday for 6 hours. Do I charge the battery for 10 hours or do I go ahead and recharge for the full 17 and does recharging before it needs a full charge cause any damage to the NiMH cells?

I ask because I want to make sure I don't do any damage to my machine while the other one is out for repairs. I'd also like to know my charge won't fizzle out on me leaving me with a dead detector halfway through my hunt.

For the Excal users out there...is there any trickle charger you use or recommend for this purpose that has some form of indicator light letting you know you have a fully charged NiMH battery pack?

Aquaman,get the charger and adapter Chuck posted,i told Sam about it,they are great and you will not use the original charger anymore Earl

Back
Top Bottom