What would you like to see added to FMDF?

I'd love to see a LOT more posts by myself that contain silver. :lol: Other then that, the idea to have a "weard, unusual, or bizzare finds" section sounds pretty cool to me.

First coin I ever found was a 1913 Wheat in my backyard.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

I'd like to see a new coffee machine and a working toaster oven in the lounge. The hours are long and a good cup of java and a place to warm up my sandwich would be great! :yes: :lol:

I'd like to see a new coffee machine and a working toaster oven in the lounge. The hours are long and a good cup of java and a place to warm up my sandwich would be great! :yes: :lol:

Yeah!!...and how about that raise Vlad promised!!:mad:
Hey Rudy, are you the new Shop Steward??;):p:laughing:

I would really like to see a section that was just for backyard finds. I am not sure how many backyard hunters there are, so it probably wouldn't be feasible, but I can wish, right?

Don't get me wrong, I love the forum, but it is just something that I would like to see and I do not expect to see it.

Anyhow... Great site.

What you like to see added or deleted?

Happy hunting!

I'm a backyard hunter too!:laughing:

I think that's a brilliant idea..
Always seeing some really great finds made by members right outside their back doors..
Guess it goes back to the old saying "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"... Unless you detect your yard you never know what you may be missing..
A really great place for someone just starting or just getting in some practice with that new machine you just got..
Love the idea of having a "I found it in my backyard" section..
Sonnydigs

I would really like to see a section that was just for backyard finds. I am not sure how many backyard hunters there are, so it probably wouldn't be feasible, but I can wish, right?

Don't get me wrong, I love the forum, but it is just something that I would like to see and I do not expect to see it.

Anyhow... Great site.

What you like to see added or deleted?

Happy hunting!

Id like to see a gold prospecting forum added. Many use a detector , some just use a pan and shovel , but its definately part of the treasure hunting culture and lots of people do it. It may also be a bonus for the whole website since it might open up paying sponsors from prospecting supply companies. Many gold prospectors are detectorists and many detectorists have an interest in gold prospecting. Just sayin :D

Grouping buddy hunters by state

If there were a forum where posters could identify themselves by state, and request others from that state, or, specific area within that state, it would serve two fold.

1. It would give hunters an opportunity to find other hunters in their area, to meet up, hunt, or, chat via PM with those in their state, or, specific area of that state,

2. It would give hunters of one area, the ability to immediately single out an area where they plan to vacation, travel for fun, or, pleasure to chat with via PM, or, in that forum, or, meet up with an detectorist from that area, prior to arriving there.

As it is now, in the Buddy forum, there are hundreds of postings all mixed together. If someone comes on they usually post that they are looking for someone from XXXXX state. Someone may have posted a similar query for that same area, or, state, two months ago, but given the number of postings nationwide, not to mention worldwide in the forum, the new poster may not go back two, three, or, more months in their search, which would be tedious, given the huge number of posts.

Say that I was going to visit my wife's family for a week in Keokuk, Iowa. I could go to the IOWA section under the "FIND A HUNTING PARTNER" forum and scan to see if there are posts from southeastern Iowa. Announce that I am going to be there on vacation the third week of June, and ask if anyone wants to hunt with me, or, if there are any good, well known, places to hunt that are not "secret honey pots" that someone would clue me in on for that period.

Secondly, If I lived in ARKANSAS. I could go to the ARKANSAS section of the "FIND A HUNTING PARTNER" forum, and look for fellow Arkansans who have posted that they live near where I do. I could put out my own post saying that I live in the Jonesboro, Arkansas area and am looking for a hunting partner.

It would make it easier for MD'ers to find each other, either in their own area, or, an area where they plan to visit.

Grouping buddy hunters by state Deux

Also, if someone had posted from a particular state, looking for a hunting partner back in February, that person could routinely keep checking that STATE section to see if someone has posted a reply, or, if there is someone somewhere nearby who just posted that they are looking for a partner to hunt with in that area.

As it is, if someone posted in February, looking for a hunting partner in the Toledo area, and it is now the first part of June, they must tediously look back over hundreds, if not thousands of posts to see if someone posted from his area, or, even somewhere halfway close.

Back
Top Bottom