Garrett Ace 250 versus Ace 350

I think the 350 is mostly a 250 with 11dd coil sooooo why get a 350?????:?: I bought an AT pro (way better than either 2)

Ace 350 purchase

Hi... I'm new to metal detecting and this forum. I had been shopping for a detector and had narrowed it down to a White's M6, Ace 250 and Ace 350. The dealer explained that the M6 was in another league ... but in the end, being new to the hobby, I just didn't want to spend the extra money ($699) for the M6 at this time. My reason for buying the Ace 350 @ $297 over the Ace 250 @ $219 was that I got the larger coil and volume adjusting headphones for the extra bucks. I just thought it was a better deal. Now lets see if I can find anything... ;-)

Last edited:
Hi... I'm new to metal detecting and this forum. I had been shopping for a detector and had narrowed it down to a White's M6, Ace 250 and Ace 350. The dealer explained that the M6 was in another league ... but in the end, being new to the hobby, I just didn't want to spend the extra money ($699) for the M6 at this time. My reason for buying the Ace 350 @ $297 over the Ace 250 @ $219 was that I got the larger coil and volume adjusting headphones for the extra bucks. I just thought it was a better deal. Now lets see if I can find anything... ;-)
You will! Just keep the sensitivity 3-4 bars to start out with-don't want you to get discouraged because the factory setting at 6 bars sensitivity, in some areas, is a bit much.:no:

You can weigh in the larger coil factor to make the 350 worth more but the volume adjusting headphones that come with it don't amount to beans, not saying that they aren't any good, just saying they are very inexpensive.

I just purchased my ace 350 for the amount I had to spend it seemed good after only 5 minutes I found 2 modern coins in my front yard that were about 4 inches down there is a small delay in the response but IM good with it for a while until I can get something better

New to this sport too and in November I got my first ever metal detector the Garrett ACE 250, it is awesome. I have been out only 6 times before the cold weather hit. I ordered the Garrett PRO Pointer and the Garrett edge digger combo. Hoping for a early spring to start hitting the list of history locations I have started to research. I have the Garrett AT Pro on my wish list, in my sights. :yes: HH

Back
Top Bottom