• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Member here Savannah Harps finds a real nice ring on beach.

There really is no need to constantly defend the XP Deus 2 TNSS. It doesn’t need defending. It is an outstanding metal detector for what it was intended to do except for gold prospecting which I hope XP will address in the future.

Since there is no need to defend it since it defends itself very well by its excellence…why are you once again filling this forum and especially the Beach/Water forum with pages of replies that defend the Deus 2? Is it just your reputation that you are worried about? I really don’t get it.

100% Dead to Rights ! He won't answer it. Just like everyone else's serious , point blank questions. He won't and can't. Circle back , switch the narrative , twist the tale is all he does.

He criticizes those who disagree about the D2 and have never used one , and I quote " Yeah. Some folks think they can look at a detector and figure out the real deal. They didn't even have to use. Lol. Yeah. Totally laughable. "
Yet he relies on Dankowski who has experience , an engineer , no BS , the REAL DEAL , etc.... Who has made his assessment from watching a video and other feedback !

You got to be kidding me.
Wouldn't TNSS then consider Mr.Dankowski as "laughable" ?
And now I read Surfmaster says the warranty is not transferable. Is this true ? Not only would that be a gamechanger , it would be a game killer.

100% Dead to Rights ! He won't answer it. Just like everyone else's serious , point blank questions. He won't and can't. Circle back , switch the narrative , twist the tale is all he does.

He criticizes those who disagree about the D2 and have never used one , and I quote " Yeah. Some folks think they can look at a detector and figure out the real deal. They didn't even have to use. Lol. Yeah. Totally laughable. "
Yet he relies on Dankowski who has experience , an engineer , no BS , the REAL DEAL , etc.... Who has made his assessment from watching a video and other feedback !

You got to be kidding me.
Wouldn't TNSS then consider Mr.Dankowski as "laughable" ?
And now I read Surfmaster says the warranty is not transferable. Is this true ? Not only would that be a gamechanger , it would be a game killer.

Yeah he made one comment on the detectors in the test. Based on how and where they were run. He didn’t give full detector review.

Looking at - I mean just that. And or just reading a manual or specs.
Not exactly operation of the detector per environment with set of settings.

Yeah one gent here on this forum said he could tell by just looking at specs. Laughable.

What or where in the Deus 2 manual reflects exactly how deep this critter is on gold rings using beach sensitive program in wet salt sand? Indicating this is deepest program on Gold and other lower conductors.
Actually the term beach sensitive is (could) bit misleading to some imo. Some looking may be thing this is for smaller gold. Not exactly the deepest program on full gold rings in wet salt sand. We know different now though.

I termed his replies to my questions as, "tangents and irrelevant arguments", but your description of "Circle back , switch the narrative , twist the tale is all he does", is even more accurate".

Last edited:
Ashame I didn’t run into Kob back when with his heap.
I would have smoked him with my Buick GN.
Easy there Peashooter ! My TA was built up a bit from factory. On the freeway I could lay rubber in 3rd gear , but that was sketchy as I almost lost it once. When I bought my car it was previously owned by a Hollywood celebrity and came with trophies that were 4' tall. Got any pics of you and the GN ? I think they also had a GNX , not sure. I really liked that black car , always wanted one , even now ! Seen some go at auction and they are high dollar.
BTW - thanks for somewhat answering my question. Lol

TNSS see

Felix thread ,( I was Shocked when I got In the water yesterday) , POST # 2 on astronomy , if you read the water forum , and you are a beach hunter , You read Felix Threads here, great guy, avid hunter , I wish I had his energy , just shows that when you troll the water forum , your here to make - threads , posts , or post links with videos about the D2 , the machine will sell itself when proven by the end of the summer , I won't buy , because I am in the market for a PI , improvements need to be made , along with warranty wording , and transferable warranty , no transferable warranty is a game changer when it comes to resale , when - the swinger doesn't like it , Minelab however- on most machines has a transferable warranty , a big difference on resale , or trade , happy hunting .

Yeah he made one comment on the detectors in the test. Based on how and where they were run. He didn’t give full detector review.

Looking at - I mean just that. And or just reading a manual or specs.
Not exactly operation of the detector per environment with set of settings.

Yeah one gent here on this forum said he could tell by just looking at specs. Laughable.

What or where in the Deus 2 manual reflects exactly how deep this critter is on gold rings using beach sensitive program in wet salt sand? Indicating this is deepest program on Gold and other lower conductors.
Actually the term beach sensitive is (could) bit misleading to some imo. Some looking may be thing this is for smaller gold. Not exactly the deepest program on full gold rings in wet salt sand. We know different now though.

Who is WE???? You have no clue how the Deus 2 critter works on a salt beach.

Beachhunt1

Tnss Claimed he had a salt beach in Tn, he goes to , I was wondering if a tornado brought some salt water up from the gulf & dumped it in the swamp howboughtit :hmmm: , an a Allien swimmer beat him with a D2 , cause that's all he talks about on the Water Forum , the latest greatest D2 :laughing: howboughtit :?: Dang Wood sold that D2 quick - gone !

:laughing:
Easy there Peashooter ! My TA was built up a bit from factory. On the freeway I could lay rubber in 3rd gear , but that was sketchy as I almost lost it once. When I bought my car it was previously owned by a Hollywood celebrity and came with trophies that were 4' tall. Got any pics of you and the GN ? I think they also had a GNX , not sure. I really liked that black car , always wanted one , even now ! Seen some go at auction and they are high dollar.
BTW - thanks for somewhat answering my question. Lol

Mine was a black 1987. Last year made. The GN model not GNX. My bud had one just like mine. He dragged it on track. Numerous 107 mph quarters with it.
I don’t have any pics.
They got lost (by Uncle Sam when I moved. Had one of the quicker 5.0 stangs too. That thing seems like it wanted to take off like plane once you got no her to about 110. Had a 94 firebird later. It would run. Good cruiser at 120 mph on interstate. Faster cars not my cup of tea anymore. You car no heap. Just kidding. I liked the one used in Smokey and bandit.
I watch some of the hell cat videos where they try to evade police. Some do and some don’t. The drivers of those lot braver than mine I am.

Who is WE???? You have no clue how the Deus 2 critter works on a salt beach.

Sure I do. All videos i have watched (done by many different folks) show beach sensitive program deepest on gold rings in wet salt sand.

Let’s see.
Which planet is closest to sun?
Do I have to go to planet Mercury to know this? Or even go to the sun? Or need a tape measure to measure the distance.
Nope.

You crack me up.

:laughing:

Mine was a black 1987. Last year made. The GN model not GNX. My bud had one just like mine. He dragged it on track. Numerous 107 mph quarters with it.
I don’t have any pics.
They got lost (by Uncle Sam when I moved. Had one of the quicker 5.0 stangs too. That thing seems like it wanted to take off like plane once you got no her to about 110. Had a 94 firebird later. It would run. Good cruiser at 120 mph on interstate. Faster cars not my cup of tea anymore. You car no heap. Just kidding. I liked the one used in Smokey and bandit.
I watch some of the hell cat videos where they try to evade police. Some do and some don’t. The drivers of those lot braver than mine I am.
My buddy had a mid 80s 5.0 , similar to what our highway patrol used. He scared the hell out of me doing 120. Of course we were drinking , but that stang was so small and light. I didn't like it. My Dad , who is pushing 80 , has a Hellcat. He won't tell me how fast he has pushed it. And I don't want to know. Have watched many of those videos.

Guess you beat me to it Earl. Shucks. Guess I lose. :lol:
I never saw anyone else here post the event.
I actually heard on tv while I was posting.
Thought I would give jmachlen some thing to do with his time.
Put him on plant watch.
Reckon he can handle? By himself.

Aw shucks........I should'a stayed home and studied up on that event instead of going out for a little hunt with my Deus 2 since I didn't have anything else to do that I could actually mentally manage and your dog pile comment earlier reminded me that I hadn't smelled any dog poop today.

But now I can't look up high enough to see that wondrous sight since my neck is messed up from too much metal detecting. Supposed to be overcast tomorrow night between 1 and 3am anyway.

Actually I appreciate you mentioning this celestial event since I had forgotten about it. But from your condescending remarks about me I am probably a person that is too dumb to find the ecliptic plane.

Last edited:
Aw shucks........I should'a stayed home and studied up on that event instead of going out for a little hunt with my Deus 2 since I didn't have anything else to do that I could actually mentally manage and your dog pile comment earlier reminded me that I hadn't smelled any dog poop today.

But now I can't look up high enough to see that wondrous sight since my neck is messed up from too much metal detecting. Supposed to be overcast tomorrow night between 1 and 3am anyway.

Actually I appreciate you mentioning this celestial event since I had forgotten about it. But from your condescending remarks about me I am probably a person that is too dumb to find the ecliptic plane.

Not to worry.
You can always catch the next Halley’s Comet.
https://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/179-When-will-Halley-s-comet-return-

More info for you.
You may not know this.
Xp was one of the early ones to do what?
They actually found a way to use one coil and have it work well over a large span of freq.
Remember the xterra? Younhad to change coils to changes freq.
when was Xterra released? 2009.
When was Deus 1 released ? 2009
So either Minelab hadn’t figured out how to use same coil with different frequency or they knew how and just marketed xterra the way they did to make money off the additional coils sold. Either way don’t look good for Minelab does it?
The V3I whites spanned 3-22.5 kHz. Yet it’s GB was never right (engineered). According to actual engineer who worked on project. I figured as much with my actual use of the model.

Fast forward with Xp deus 1 release with release of Hf coils.
Xp was able to make a coil that operated from 14 kHz all the way up to 74 kHz. A 60 kHz span. This has never been achieved by another manufacturer that I know of.

Is this being able to do this part of Xp success with Deus 2 ops? I don’t Know.

I do know Mr Danksowki stated some years ago using larger spans of freq with same coil presented certain real challenges. Best I remember.

Not quite accurate………

Minelab Eureka Gold released in 2002, used one coil that could operate at 6.4, 20 and 60 kHz. I owned one for awhile. It looked a bit like a Sovereign GT

Here is a short list of selectable single frequency detectors made up to the Eureka Gold along with the Whites DFX.

1989 Minelab Eureka Ace Dual 8 kHz 19.5 kHz

1993 Minelab XT 17000 6.4 kHz 32 kHz

1994 Compass X-200 6 kHz 14 khz

1997 Minelab XT 18000 6.4 kHz 20 kHz 60 kHz

1999 Minelab Golden Hawk 6.4 kHz 20 kHz 60 kHz

2001 Whites DFX (SMF or single frequency) 3kHz and 15 kHz

2002 Minelab Eureka Gold 6.4 kHz 20 kHz 60 kHz

So, Minelab made a selectable single frequency detector that was almost comparable to Version 5 software HF coil Deus 1, 20 years before XP.

Some people with connections to Minelab have said that the X-Terra changing the coil for frequency switch was a way to make users buy more coils not because Minelab couldn't make a single coil that could handle those frequencies.

I don't know about that. Nel and Cors were able to make X-Terra aftermarket ones that could run at multiple frequencies so.....who knows.

Last edited:
Not quite accurate………

Minelab Eureka Gold released in 2002, used one coil that could operate at 6.4, 20 and 60 kHz. I owned one for awhile. It looked a bit like a Sovereign GT

Here is a short list of selectable single frequency detectors made up to the Eureka Gold along with the Whites DFX.

1989 Minelab Eureka Ace Dual 8 kHz 19.5 kHz

1993 Minelab XT 17000 6.4 kHz 32 kHz

1994 Compass X-200 6 kHz 14 khz

1997 Minelab XT 18000 6.4 kHz 20 kHz 60 kHz

1999 Minelab Golden Hawk 6.4 kHz 20 kHz 60 kHz

2001 Whites DFX (SMF or single frequency) 3kHz and 15 kHz

2002 Minelab Eureka Gold 6.4 kHz 20 kHz 60 kHz

So, Minelab made a selectable single frequency detector that was almost comparable to Version 5 software HF coil Deus 1, 20 years before XP.

Some people with connections to Minelab have said that the X-Terra changing the coil for frequency switch was a way to make users buy more coils not because Minelab couldn't make a single coil that could handle those frequencies.

I don't know about that. Nel and Cors were able to make X-Terra aftermarket ones that could run at multiple frequencies so.....who knows.

And just which one of those models happen to match or beat Deus 1 or even the Xp goldmaxxx power in iron ?
I never did see where Mr Danksowki related to or mentioned any of those for supreme carpet of nails hunting. Rather Xp models.

Making one with freq is one thing. How did they perform? When compared to Goldmaxx or Deus 1.

Those models I don’t hear folks even mention. Why?
If they were standouts.

And just which one of those models happen to match or beat Deus 1 or even the Xp goldmaxxx power in iron ?
I never did see where Mr Danksowki related to or mentioned any of those for supreme carpet of nails hunting. Rather Xp models.

Personally, I definitely prefer using a HF coil Deus 1 to any of the models in that list, so no need to be defensive and change the subject to iron handling.

We both like and use Minelab and XP detectors so I am not knocking either one. I wouldn't even have known about the Eureka Gold's selectable single frequencies if I hadn't owned one.

Personally, I definitely prefer using a HF coil Deus 1 to any of the models in that list, so no need to be defensive and change the subject to iron handling.

We both like and use Minelab and XP detectors so I am not knocking either one. I wouldn't even have known about the Eureka Gold's selectable single frequencies if I hadn't owned one.

I am not changing subject.
Making a detector is one thing. How it performs is another thing.

Just like when Xp made detector updatable.
What happened?
Seems all have jumped on the train.

This Alain feller was sharp wasn’t he. He had the vision.

Also,
The Whites DFX (2001) had an adjustable Ground Filter setting from 2 to 6 that could also be used for salt sensitivity. It was not even close to what Deus 2 has on it along with the Legend and Tarsacci but it was there and I used it.

Some folks think no VLF detector improvements possible as all laws of physics have been used (exhausted). Is this true? Imo nope.
More to come.

I am not changing subject.
Making a detector is one thing. How it performs is another thing.

Just like when Xp made detector updatable.
What happened?
Seems all have jumped on the train.

This Alain feller was sharp wasn’t he. He had the vision.

XP detector owners and XP's competition are very fortunate to have a person like Mr. Loubet who has given so much to detector development for the world wide detector community.

Back
Top Bottom