Back In Central Missouri - Warrensburg

Tilton

Elite Member
Hey Everyone!

It’s been quite a long time since I have posted on here. I’ve been in Arizona for the past year and my metal detecting passion pretty much disappeared. The 4 years prior I was in Hawaii getting out a bunch in the water.

Anyways, I am moving back to Warrensburg Missouri next week and ready to get back to dirt digging. I have an AT Pro currently but might change it up in the near future to something else. We shall see.

Let me know if any of you want to get out there some time with me. I am looking forward to finding some stuff older than I am.

Last edited:
I have spent the bulk of my time in this hobby digging in horrible, mineralized, iron and trash infested SE devil dirt but for three years I lived and hunted in the very beautiful and special black soil in Kansas and Missouri.
You can't really appreciate how lucky you are to be able to do that until you experience the other side...I truly believed I was blessed and in heaven.
Enjoy yourself, take nothing for granted.

I have spent the bulk of my time in this hobby digging in horrible, mineralized, iron and trash infested SE devil dirt but for three years I lived and hunted in the very beautiful and special black soil in Kansas and Missouri.
You can't really appreciate how lucky you are to be able to do that until you experience the other side...I truly believed I was blessed and in heaven.
Enjoy yourself, take nothing for granted.

Yeah, I am ready to get back. I was hunting in Missouri for a couple years before I went to Hawaii. Hawaii was very good to me in the jewelry department.

Arizona wouldn’t have been so bad if I was near areas that I could of gone nugget hunting or panning but Phoenix made me put up the detector for the past year.

Good luck with the move Tilton. I graduated from CMSU in '94. Detecting had never even crossed my mind back then, so I can't offer any sites for you to check out. I'm sure that the University has been pounded to death.

Good luck with the move Tilton. I graduated from CMSU in '94. Detecting had never even crossed my mind back then, so I can't offer any sites for you to check out. I'm sure that the University has been pounded to death.

Thanks! My wife graduated from there in 07. I still remember some areas to check out. I know the state fairgrounds had been pounded.

I messaged my old hunting buddy Lightningjack to see if he was still in the area. Don’t know how to tag him on here.

Howdy,
I am in kc until the end of the month. Always up for a hunt.

Tons of parks in that area.
I spent a lot of time at Penn Valley park, very old and you never know what you will find.
The area with the Pioneer Mother statue is where Rockfest is held, tons of trash but also lots of jewelry has been lost over the years from the 50,000 people that attend this festival.

I spent even more time at Loose park, I was told that place has been hunted to death so not many old coins left but don't you believe it because they were wrong.
The problem is the old stuff can be 8-10" or deeper and I hesitated to dig that deep in a public park most of the time.
At Loose I had found a few silver coins at more shallow levels in the area near the pond, gold and silver rings, too, plus silver coins in the curb strips across the street from the pond area.
The problem there is massive EMI in that pond area, loud, pulsing and saturating that whole area all the time and I never figured out why but eventually I figured out how to deal with it using my F70 and was pretty successful.

I am only 15 so I don't have my license...consequently, I don't get many places. But the ones I have I've found A few wheaties( one of them a 1913) 2 IHP's ( 1907,1883) a silver ring, and lots of relics.

Welcome back to the show me state. I Live in Harrisonville about 40 min. from your area and have been relic hunting that area and Knob Noster the past 5 or 6 yrs. for relics. And have done well, lots of movement and camp sites in that area. Actually pulled a 1772 Spanish real from a field in that area a few yrs. back. Let me know when you get settled in and maybe myself and digging buddy Chip 61 can turn you on to a few good sites to get you back into the relic hunting mode.

Thanks! My wife graduated from there in 07. I still remember some areas to check out. I know the state fairgrounds had been pounded.

I messaged my old hunting buddy Lightningjack to see if he was still in the area. Don’t know how to tag him on here.

Hunted with him for awhile, but believe he moved to Springfield. way south of us.

Hunted with him for awhile, but believe he moved to Springfield. way south of us.

Oh dang, that’s sucks. We hunted a lot together before I left. It’s always better being able to get out with somebody. That was even the case being neck deep in the ocean out in Hawaii.

Welcome back to the show me state. I Live in Harrisonville about 40 min. from your area and have been relic hunting that area and Knob Noster the past 5 or 6 yrs. for relics. And have done well, lots of movement and camp sites in that area. Actually pulled a 1772 Spanish real from a field in that area a few yrs. back. Let me know when you get settled in and maybe myself and digging buddy Chip 61 can turn you on to a few good sites to get you back into the relic hunting mode.

Nice! Yeah let me know if you could. I am ready to find some old silver and some civil war relics. I am always up to go hunting too on the weekends if you guys come down. I have hunted a few decent places in the area. I know jack had a good farm that he had permission to hunt that was a civil war campsite. I unfortunately left at the same time.

Nice! Yeah let me know if you could. I am ready to find some old silver and some civil war relics. I am always up to go hunting too on the weekends if you guys come down. I have hunted a few decent places in the area. I know jack had a good farm that he had permission to hunt that was a civil war campsite. I unfortunately left at the same time.

Will do, I will keep in touch.

Just bought an E Trac. If somebody wants to come out one day and help me figure it out, that would be greatly appreciated! Haha. I am sure it’s going to be a big learning curve compared to the AT Pro.

I'm in Poplar Bluff and hunt every weekend.
I mainly hunt water holes, lakes, etc.

Nice! I haven’t hunted fresh water yet. I wonder how the AT Pro would do? I did a ton of water hunting in Hawaii though. I might have to hit you up sometime and get back into the water one day. Here was my Hawaii haul.

Back
Top Bottom