Man and i thought i was doing good...feel like im out of the cool kid crowd

I picked up the etrac today and not one scratch on it. I've wanted one for a couple years now. Getting the Andy S and trashy bill programs loaded into it now.

I did 9 recovery calls last year, so, the CTX paid for this etrac with the reward money. I love the CTX just wanted to hear the etrac silver warble for myself.

Clare, I think someone such as yourself who “diagnoses” a potential target will enjoy the etrac, but I’ve never run one. The primary difference in between an Explorer and the etrac/CTX is the way the Explorer does NOT try to “normalize” the ferrous component. It is explained somewhere out there exactly why they did it and what it’s supposed to improve, but I consider an Explorer signal more “wild” or “raw” or “pure” or....you know. At any rate, I hope you do well with it and are able to film some of it. I know there are some who also say they can just about emulate the sounds of an etrac or Explorer with their EQX, and I’m here to tell ya buddy...no chance.:lol:

Kevin

I will have no issues at all with the Etrac. I was going to look for an Explorer but the Etrac came up first. I'm also going to mess with a Soverign Gt with a meter this summer looking for coins. I will get it figured out. The wild coin population in my area is going down this summer. I have learned a lot from your videos.

I'm working on the video stuff now. Making a set on headphones with a lapel speaker in the earpiece and a microphone that comes in front of the mouth. Trying to get good sound. I hate the youtube videos that you cannot hear the sounds of the machine.

Pictures of the headphones not done yet. Don't know how they will work yet. Getting a couple other things done around the house before I can get back on these.

headphones 1.jpg

headphones 2.jpg

Nice! As soon as you get those working perfectly I’ll send you payment to make some for me! WIND NOISE is ALWAYS my primary enemy. Looking good!

Nice! As soon as you get those working perfectly I’ll send you payment to make some for me! WIND NOISE is ALWAYS my primary enemy. Looking good!

You just pay for materials, I'll do the labor free for you. You have helped a lot of people on here.

I'm also looking into some wireless setups also.

Sovereigns with meters and early Explorers...the OG silver killers in vintage parks to this day:cool:

I've been telling people those 15 year old detectors are as deep or deeper than the new ones out now. They wonder why they goto a public park and cannot find any silver.

Might be the Indian and not the arrow with regards to hit or miss! I haven’t run an etrac so I don’t know it’s capabilities. I’ve hunted behind an etrac and found stuff they missed. I also spend more time running my machine than the guy with the etrac does.

Back
Top Bottom