• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Not much depth out of my MXT ?

Bajanick

Elite Member
I figured out today why I wasnt pulling out any coins over 5" deep with my MXT.

It looks like theres something wrong with the coil, I tried the M6 coil and the 5.3 on the

MXT and they worked fine with air tests of a quarter and wheatie over 12"

and about 5 with the 5.3.

The MXT coil does work, Just not much depth. Made sure the connector is tight and I

wiggled the ends and I dont hear any kind of shorting.

I liked using it because its much lighter than the M6 coil.

I am thinking about getting a DD coil like the 6x10, or the 4x6 but never used one.

Any advice on a new coil for the MXT? I have the old MXT, not one of the new ones if that matters.

Thanks.

The 6X10 DD is a great coil on the MXT. For some reason it doesn't do as well on the DFX, but on the MXT it is great. The 4X6DD is not as deep, but it is a good coil to use in tot lots, were depth can be traded for its ability tp get really close to the metal work on the swings and slides.

The 6X10 can quickly become your "go to" coil on the MXT.:yes:

If you are hunting wide open parks, or soccer fields, the Eclipse 1400DD is a great coil but beware, it is quite heavy. I couldn't swing mine for more than three hours, before my arm would fall off so I sold it. Other than that, it has great coverage and depth.

Thanks Rudy, I am going to use the M6 coil on the MXT for now and pickup the 6x10 when I can.

I figured out today why I wasnt pulling out any coins over 5" deep with my MXT.

It looks like theres something wrong with the coil, I tried the M6 coil and the 5.3 on the

MXT and they worked fine with air tests of a quarter and wheatie over 12"

and about 5 with the 5.3.

The MXT coil does work, Just not much depth. Made sure the connector is tight and I

wiggled the ends and I dont hear any kind of shorting.

I liked using it because its much lighter than the M6 coil.

I am thinking about getting a DD coil like the 6x10, or the 4x6 but never used one.

Any advice on a new coil for the MXT? I have the old MXT, not one of the new ones if that matters.

Thanks.

I use the SEF 8x6 and its just as deep as the 10 inch DD also if you aren't doing it hunt in relic mode much deeper than C&J mode.

I use the 10 in sef

A couple ounces extra no problem for me. Good separation and + depth over the stock coil. I always run in relic mode.

Mars MD do a 10x6 sniper coil, i find it very good on my Signum, it air tests silly, 13" on a silver dime, about 16" on a Nickle, might be worth a look.

I switched to the DD 6"x10" after using the stock concentric coil for about a year. Amazing how much more depth it gets........:yes:

Cool, I will look into the SEF coils and the Mars MD but I would like to stick with whites

coils.

Ive alway heard of using Relic mode for coins on the MXT but never did.

After getting an M6 I put the MXT in storage and had not used it in a long time. I recently got

it out and started using it. I will definatly give relic mode a shot next time out.

Cool, I will look into the SEF coils and the Mars MD but I would like to stick with whites

coils.

Ive alway heard of using Relic mode for coins on the MXT but never did.

After getting an M6 I put the MXT in storage and had not used it in a long time. I recently got

it out and started using it. I will definatly give relic mode a shot next time out.

Yeah, I've probably got around 180-200 hours on the MXT All Pro so far, which isn't a lot but after loving my M6 i kind of defaulted to neutering the MXT back to make it act like the M6. Started running in relic with the tones and a little more threshold a couple hunts ago and it's noticeably deeper. Plus, that iron "zippp zippp" is killer...:yes::lol:

My favorite coils on the MXT were the stock Eclipse 950 and the 6X10DD. Both coils performed really well. So well in fact, I used them on by V3i and my MXT is currently coil-less.

A friend of mine loves the 8x6 SEF coil on his MXT

I love my 8x6 coils. use them in the V3i and M6. I get better depth with the 8x6 on both units. The 6x10 seems about equal to the 8x6 on the M6, but that changes when I check the 8x6 on the V3i. My 6x10 in lacking on my V3i. I now detect with an Etrac and explorer. The first auxiliary coil I bought for my MLabs was the 8x6 SEF.

Back
Top Bottom