Major milestone for me!

ugadigger

Elite Member
After 25 years of working for the same company, I now no longer look for a parking space!
88369035a6c7adb6c5f9d776594b3a3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, that is neat !!!!

Maybe you could ask if you can have that sign when you retire to put it were you park your car at home :lol:

Congrats, that is neat !!!!

Maybe you could ask if you can have that sign when you retire to put it were you park your car at home :lol:

Thanks! It’s mine when I retire!

Thats pretty cool! 25yrs is a rarity. Most jobs now a days prove to be temporary and unprofitable nuisances! :laughing: ...Its better than a 'handicap parking' designation!

Congratulations UGA digger it is well deserved I’m sure. 25 years at any job is something people don’t do anymore.

Grats!

So did you buy the company to make CEO, or did they fire the old CEO and now the parking space is open? LOL j/k

Going on 22 years here and I won't get no special parking.

Grats!

So did you buy the company to make CEO, or did they fire the old CEO and now the parking space is open? LOL j/k

Going on 22 years here and I won't get no special parking.

Haha not the ceo but I gave this place a lot of my best years and one of benefits will be a pension in a few years at my 30 year mark. I will be 49 and not sure what will be my encore career? Maybe full time detectorist?! Fortunately I don’t owe ANYTHING and will have options [emoji848]

Big congrats man! I also passed the 25 year mark at my company this month, but still didn't get my own parking spot. :( Some damn new guy has been parking in my spot for weeks now. :mad: :lol:

Haha not the ceo but I gave this place a lot of my best years and one of benefits will be a pension in a few years at my 30 year mark. I will be 49 and not sure what will be my encore career? Maybe full time detectorist?! Fortunately I don’t owe ANYTHING and will have options [emoji848]

25 years at one job is an accomplishment in itself, but to owe nothing is a major accomplishment too in this day and age of credit card debt and high mortgages, congrats on that too !!!!

My wife did better than me, she had about 30 years at effectively the same company, they changed names and ownership over the years but was effectively the same company. She only left that company because we wanted to move to South Carolina.

What really helps us now is that we now have no major debt except for a car that is about halfway paid off, and the big thing is we have no mortgage payment as we were able to buy a house outright when we moved here from what we got from selling the house we moved from and getting a fantastic low price on a house here.

Long time at one place!:shock:
I've been a mechanic since 1987 and worked at least 11 different places.
Congrats on the parking space.

25 years is pretty amazing really. My Dad retired from the company that hired him straight out of tech school, 40 years. Mud was right , companies don't seem to do that anymore. I've worked for myself for about 33 years now , that's probably the only reason I haven't been fired. But I've quit a few times. :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom