Photographs Of Forum Members - Add Your Picture!

Arrgh!!....."Surrender the Booty"

First picture..... me in Key West. Second picture, 23 yrs as a drummer in the 500+ member Awesome Secondtime Arounders Marching band of St. Petersburg

Attachments

• Key West.jpg
    Key West.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 3,413
  • Savannah 1.jpg
    Savannah 1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 3,454
  • detector.jpg
    detector.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3,291
Me and my Gold Prospecting Honey

We are hooked - Got the Gold Fever :D

Attachments

• DCFN0005.JPG
    DCFN0005.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 3,887
  • thm_phpgHtzlk.jpg
    thm_phpgHtzlk.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3,892
I agree Harold Great pics. So glad you are able to get back out. Hope you can make a hunt with us some time-----Mike

Now its my turn

here are two recent pics of plays in which I performed (I'm a part time actor)

1) The first play is about slave trade and abolition in Mauritius, my character was give the name of Secero by his master, in this scene we are talking about abolition of slavery and possibly running away from the sugar plantation and our cruel master.

2) Second pic (black and white )the theme is about abuse and exploited street children, in this scene we appraise a piece of bread and use our imagination to put all sort of good stuff in it to fill our starving stomach...

Attachments

• Terre D'orages.jpg
    Terre D'orages.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 3,548
  • hem.JPG
    hem.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 3,569
10 years ago

This photo is of me in a mississippian structure,I did all the excavations on this structure,if you look close,you can see the remains of the wall trench,this is the dark stains that appear on the edges,I am setting in the center of the structure and to my right is a oval stain which is an a feature which contained trash.it took almost 2 weeks to get to this point in the excavations,after this photo was taken,I had to map in planview the wall trenches and the feature to my right,then excavat the feature and excavate the wall trenches,to excavate the feature and trenches,I had cut them in half and draw a profile map,this took almost two weeks to do the excavations,this structure was built three times for it had three different wall trenhes,that is why the stains from the wall trench is so large,the rulers in this photo are two meters long. This structure is from the mississippian people who lived around 900AD to 1200AD,,this is the same people who built Cahokia Mounds,this village was located 20 to 25 miles east of Cahokia Mounds,,Dave Hall,,Alton,IL.

Attachments

• Dave,,Mississippian house,,1100AD.jpg
    Dave,,Mississippian house,,1100AD.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3,427
Last edited:
This is a early historical flask that I bought this spring,GI-96 this side is a profile of Ben Franklin and the other side a profile of DR.Thomas W. Doytt,this historical flask was made around 1824 at the Kensington Glass Works,Phila.The number GI-96 is from the book American Glass, Geo L. and Helen McKearin you can find this book at most librarys,,Thanks for looking
Snapshot_20090605_1.jpg

This is GV-6 SUCCESS TO THE RAILROAD is from around the 1840s, blown at a glass works in Coventry ,Conn.this flask is hand blown in a mold,the Franklin flask was hand blown in a mold,this flask and the Franklin flask both have an open pontil on the base Thanks for looking,,Dave Hall,Alton,IL
Snapshot_20090322_5.jpg

This is a large cathedral pickle jar from the 1870s,it was found in the Mississippi river,near St Louis MO.,a friend found it a few years ago when the Mississippi river was at it lowest in recorded times,he found this and 19 other pickle jars this size in a large wooden barrel, a lady before him pulled 30 of these pickle jars from the same barrel,this jar is semi hand made,the large body of the jar is machine made the top or the smaller part of the jar is hand made and 13 inches tall,Thanks for looking!!! Dave Hall,Alton,IL.
Snapshot_20090322_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
class Ring Returned

I was able to return my first class ring this month. Kind of cool.
Bob

Attachments

• Photo_052709_009.jpg
    Photo_052709_009.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 3,461
  • Photo_052709_004.jpg
    Photo_052709_004.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3,451
Back
Top Bottom