• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

September CRH Report - A Small Buffalo Herd Hid Their Silver in a Wheat Field

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
Here are all my hunts from September. :D I was having really bad success with the N.F. Strings rolls, then, at the beginning of the month, they ordered a box of nickels from Loomis. I did really well and found 2 Buffs in high-grade condition, so I asked them if it would be a problem to start ordering all my coins from Loomis. They are doing that now, and my findings have been much better - I had my first multiple silver dime box, too! Below are my results:

Penny Box: #1: No Wheats. :(

Penny Box: #2: 1924, :clap: 1941 KGVI, 1942, 1944, 1944-D, 1947-D, 1951-D, 1953, 1956-D x2, 1958, & 1958-D x2.

Nickel Box #1: 1936 Buffalo, :clap: & 1937-D Buffalo. :clap:

Nickel Box #2: 1927 Buffalo, :clap: & Dateless Buffalo. :clap:

Nickel Box #3: 1945-D. :clap:

Dime Box #1: No silver. :(

Dimes Box #2: 1957, :clap: 1964, :clap: 1964-D. :clap:

Totals: 12 Wheaties, 1 KGVI cent, 4 Buffalos, 1 War Nickel, & 3 silver Rosie dimes.

Thanks for looking, happy hunting, & God bless. :D

September - Old Wheatie.jpg

September - Buffs #1 & #2.jpg

September - Buffs #3 & #4.jpg

September - War Nickel.jpg

September - Rosies.jpg

September - Wheaties, Buffs, War Nickel, & Rosies.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Those Buffalos are in fantastic shape. Congrats on the rosies, War Nickel, and wheaties too.

Those are some really nice coins! :woot: Congrats, Wolfie - the Lord has really blessed you with some fantastic finds this month. :D The 1936 and '37 buffalos especially are in great shape!

P.S. Thanks for picking up the extra penny rolls for me, too. :D

Those nickels are awesome. I have done a few boxes of nickels, and I never find much of anything. Congratulations!

Wow. Those Buffalos are in fantastic shape. Congrats on the rosies, War Nickel, and wheaties too.
Thank you, Levi! I am very happy with what I found, and it's definitely much better than 15+ skunk boxes in a row!:lol:

Those are some really nice coins! :woot: Congrats, Wolfie - the Lord has really blessed you with some fantastic finds this month. :D The 1936 and '37 buffalos especially are in great shape!

P.S. Thanks for picking up the extra penny rolls for me, too. :D
Thank you, Princess! I agree, and, you're welcome. :)

Those nickels are awesome. I have done a few boxes of nickels, and I never find much of anything. Congratulations!
Thank you, Lee! I appreciate your reply, & I hope you find some neat coins soon. :cool3:

Nice Wolfie!! I might just have to give up detecting for CRH! That's a great haul. They look soooo much better than the orange buffaloes I find in the dirt.

Love the pics and post! You sure are getting the hang of this CRHing!!
Thank you, Mud-puppy! :D I appreciate your reply.

That's a nice, economical way to acquire nice additions to your coin collection. You're doing well ! Congratulations ! Great pictures !
Thank you, George! It is definitely helping out in growing my collection! :D

WTG Wolf! And yes those are two nice buffalos!
Thank you, Amc rulz! I appreciate your comments. :cool3:

Nice Wolfie!! I might just have to give up detecting for CRH! That's a great haul. They look soooo much better than the orange buffaloes I find in the dirt.
Thank you, Tyler! :D They may look nicer, but I think it is more fun to find an old coin knowing that it has been in the ground for 50-100 years waiting to be rediscovered. :mder: On the other hand, for a coin almost 100 years old to be still in circulation, that's pretty amazing, too. :yes: Either way, they are definitely always fun to find. :D :cool3:

So many nice finds, especially those two buffs are like museum quality. Congrats!
Thank you, John! I was really excited when I found them! :woot:

Back
Top Bottom