Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless System Tested Much Better Then 3 Previous Wireless Sets

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
I had the opportunity to cold test a demo Z-Lynk Wireless System from Garrett. It's very ergonomic, works much better then any other wireless system I have owned and also works on Pulse Induction detectors.

Video Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2TfIqrd0s0

Key Features:

Freedom—all the benefits of using headphones, without being tied to your metal detector.

Lightning-fast speed—Near-zero delay (17-milliseconds) from your detector to your headphones. Six times faster than Bluetooth speed, and up to four times faster than other wireless headphone kits.

Versatility—Nearly universal; designed to work with most detector brands and most wired headphones.

Frequency-Hopping Technology—Creates an infinite number of channels to prevent interference with nearby headphones and wireless devices.

Extended Hunting Time—Get up to 30 hours of operation per charge. Recharge the Z-Lynk modules with any micro-USB charging port—on your laptop, in your car, or with a USB power block such as a smartphone charger.

Universal - Can be used on both VLF (single frequency) and pulse (multi-frequency) detectors.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_garrett_wireless_system.aspx

Attachments

• wireless.jpg
    wireless.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 501
Thanks for the update. I have been seriously considering going this route. I currently am wireless, but not totally satisfied. What I like is the ability to use about any corded headphone you want.

Awesome, Garrett Facebook states a January Shipping date. Hopefully more information soon.

Thanks for the heads up mate,Nice to see they work well waiting to buy one myself out in the uk very soon cheers.

I had the opportunity to cold test a demo Z-Lynk Wireless System from Garrett. It's very ergonomic, works much better then any other wireless system I have owned and also works on Pulse Induction detectors.

Video Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2TfIqrd0s0

Key Features:

Freedom—all the benefits of using headphones, without being tied to your metal detector.

Lightning-fast speed—Near-zero delay (17-milliseconds) from your detector to your headphones. Six times faster than Bluetooth speed, and up to four times faster than other wireless headphone kits.

Versatility—Nearly universal; designed to work with most detector brands and most wired headphones.

Frequency-Hopping Technology—Creates an infinite number of channels to prevent interference with nearby headphones and wireless devices.

Extended Hunting Time—Get up to 30 hours of operation per charge. Recharge the Z-Lynk modules with any micro-USB charging port—on your laptop, in your car, or with a USB power block such as a smartphone charger.

Universal - Can be used on both VLF (single frequency) and pulse (multi-frequency) detectors.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_garrett_wireless_system.aspx

How did you test it

This is not a true wireless system like Deus but it is a step in the right direction

im gonna buy these and the detectorpro ndt headphones with a small jumper to attach the garrett unit to the headband on phones.. will work really well

It bugs me they didnt make it more water resistant. The only reason I bought the ATPRO when I had no clue about detectors is so i could have no limits or hunt in the rain. Their bread and butter are water proof models.

I hate to think a rain drop or even sweat drop in the wrong spot will ruin it.

Oh well maybe next year

You can hunt in the rain with the transmitter mounted, and the receiver in your pocket.

im gonna buy these and the detectorpro ndt headphones with a small jumper to attach the garrett unit to the headband on phones.. will work really well

Garrett make a set that has the Garrett connector on the sending unit. So the adapter is not needed. If using the AT Pro or the gold.

no im not talking about an adaptor for garrett at models. just a standard headphone cable shortened so i dont have alot of extra wire hanging.. i can clip the receiver to my headphones headband and have no cord to deal with..

no im not talking about an adaptor for garrett at models. just a standard headphone cable shortened so i dont have alot of extra wire hanging.. i can clip the receiver to my headphones headband and have no cord to deal with..

Wouldn't this require a set a of Headphones with a short cable?

Wouldn't this require a set a of Headphones with a short cable?

They have headphones with very short cables, like 6-8 inches. Then you could easily mount the reciever to the headphone band.

It might look a little bit weird though, but would work good. Plus if kids start bothering you, just extend your arms out straight and say, "Take me to your leader..." :laughing:

Yes the ndt's come with 2 cables and they can shorten one cable for this use and you will still have the longer cable if you dont wanna use the wireless unit. The cables just unplug from headphones to change out..

Back
Top Bottom