Harris county Texas

motor20

anybody hunt here??? I have to go there to help a family member for 2 weeks thought I might hit some tot lots, ect... any regs. I need to know about???

I am in harris county. Public parks are okay, but note once you get into county parks they tend to run you off regardless of legality. Where in harris county will you be?

Up near

the Humble/Kingwood area.... Im actually planning on buying a new machine and may just do it while Im in Texas... do you reccomend any shops??/

Section 15 of the Harris county parks rules says this

Section 15 Metal Detectors

No person may bring into or possess in a park any metal detector unless the operator has specifically contracted with the County for survey, discovery, excavation, restoration, demolition, or study.

Been kicked out of one park so I checked up on it...

I didn't buy locally as I couldn't find a store with the selection and competitive pricing I was looking for. You might either buy used down here (like Craigslist) or buy online and have it shipped to your relative's house when you arrive.

I hunt all over this area, never been kicked out...but there are parks I either avoid or keep a low profile around, when I hunt parks (which isn't my main thing).

There is a lot of cool history all over this area. I grew up here and had nooooo idea how much history there is because all you see is the nonstop building cutting down of trees, and covering of land with concrete. It is like our past time around here. But if you do some digging, researching, etc. you will find a lot of history. Pirates, French settlements, explorers (La Salle, Cabeza la Vaca) going back into the 1500's. Not to mention Spanish missions, forts, the Texas Revolution, hundreds of Ghost towns, lost treasures, etc. And there is plenty of 'newer' history around this area as well.

The Humble/Kingwood area is relatively new to our urban sprawl, FYI. Before that it was used mostly for some cotton and other farming as well as cattle. Still LOTS of farm and undeveloped land up that way.

Did you know that George Washington's cousin owned a plantation not far from there, off the Trinity river? Or that there are fossils in the San Jacinto river nearby? And back down southwest of Houston, Santa Anna crossed a river a few miles from my house after his butt whoopin' at the battle of San Jacinto....pretty cool stuff if you are into history, relics, etc.

Plenty of tot lots, beaches, etc of you are into that too.

Back
Top Bottom