Coinstar Jackpot - 30+ Silvers

amc rulz

Forum Supporter
While myself, daughter and wife were in the checkout lane at Wallymart, I asked my daughter if she’d check the Coinstar on the way out. Nope, not gonna happen. My wife glanced and said, “there’s a **** ton of coins in there! They went on, in a hurry as to not be associated while I got down on my knees and started digging coin. Some fell out on the floor, and I heard that familiar ‘ting’. Good gosh, did I hit the mother load.

Attachments

• C2758E1B-4DBF-4260-870E-8AC17AC7E690.jpg
    C2758E1B-4DBF-4260-870E-8AC17AC7E690.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 839
And in five years of checking I have found a grand total of One clad dime. That much silver would give me a heart attack. What a Haul.

Bleeping Amazing!!!

Amc_rulz... you da man !
That’s quite a haul just in silver melt value. If your wife or daughter saw that total melt value in green paper money in the reject tray or on the floor in front of a Coinstar, don’t tell me they wouldn’t stop to scoop it up. So, who’s smilin now! Nice, nice, nice. That's the most Coinstar silver I’ve seen posted here. Will be hard to beat that. Loved the Franklin half with the smaller coin shadow that kept the Ben from tarnishing. Some collector’s stash was just pilfered by their kid, I bet

Last edited:
Great sweet Visnu! Thats fussed up right there! A Ben Franklin Half even! After a haul like this, Why even bother metal detecting dirt? For silver? This is a wake up call! 30 massive silvers in a Walmart Coinstar reject tray!? What the Hell! Take the year off and reevaluate the strategy!! :?:

So there you go..free easy big silver for 2019, a full years take, or more...maybe you should commit to finding yourself some wild dirt gold for once?? Sell all your high end rigs, forget what you know and get a simple Bounty Hunter or Tesoro?

Disc out all the high tones and just for giggles go hunt for snowpile scrap and chip kick the totters to punch your elusive dirt gold ticket you are always whining about??? Or just pull up a chair and work that Coinstar all season? Damn!

This is really awful..One reject tray handscoop is more valuable than a Lifetime spent in field...

Last edited:
WOW !!!! :shock: congrats on what might very likely easily be the Coinstar haul of the year !!!! (if not the decade :lol:)

…...just shows it can pay to check even if you usually find little or nothing, you just might check it at just the right time !

I know this is a dumb question with many sensible answers, but how in the world does somebody not notice that many coins getting rejected?

Awesome! Those coins had been sitting in grandpa's coffee can for a long time! Look at the tarnish on that Franklin!

Awesome! Those coins had been sitting in grandpa's coffee can for a long time! Look at the tarnish on that Franklin!

Right? Unfortunately, Thats the fate of nearly all old G'pas silver hoards...Luckily in this instance, Poor old G'pas hoard went to a Forum Friend of ours and made for one helluva post!..:laughing:

All about being in the right place, at the right time. :cool:

I mean the person that dumped them in. I've used a coin star machine and heard a few rejects hit the tray. Thirty coins would be like an old slot machine hitting the jackpot. Whoever dumped them in had to be completely out of it, in a really big hurry, or both. I realize I'm stating the obvious.

Only way that could be better is if there were some barbers or Mercury’s involved. Check dates probably a super rare one as well. GREAT LUCK!

I mean the person that dumped them in. I've used a coin star machine and heard a few rejects hit the tray. Thirty coins would be like an old slot machine hitting the jackpot. Whoever dumped them in had to be completely out of it, in a really big hurry, or both. I realize I'm stating the obvious.
In a world made of plastic, they wanted a paper receipt. The machine rejected real money, in their mind the coins were worthless.

Way back when,I used a Coinstar for the first time. There was so much NOISE and clinging and clanging going on that until a penny hit my FOOT because it bounced out of the reject tray,I didn’t know the reject tray even existed! I think this is what happens to people using it for the first time,or even subsequent times because they don’t even know it’s there. They assume the machine will count the money and give them a receipt for it,and they walk away.

While myself, daughter and wife were in the checkout lane at Wallymart, I asked my daughter if she’d check the Coinstar on the way out. Nope, not gonna happen. My wife glanced and said, “there’s a **** ton of coins in there! They went on, in a hurry as to not be associated while I got down on my knees and started digging coin. Some fell out on the floor, and I heard that familiar ‘ting’. Good gosh, did I hit the mother load.

It’s about time you posted some good finds!;) What an absolute CRAZY thing to happen,and a guy who knows all about silver was actually first to find it!
This does NOT in any way absolve you of your coin hunting duties when the ground thaws out!:grin:

I think the Coinstar at the grocery store in my town gets checked regularly so for me to find something I probably have to happen to check it at just the right time :lol:

Hey AMC Rulz that was a sweet find for sure. I’d have gotten over there to dig them out as well. Funny, I’m like your wife and daughter, always kind of glancing sideways as I walk by , but I wouldn’t leave em there if I saw them. Sweet haul!

Back
Top Bottom