What year was your house built?

1902..... I have pulled 6 or 7 wheats, a 47 Rosie, a 1906 Barber dime and a 1906 Indian head out of my yard, as well as a couple cool tokens and tons of trash.....

My last house was built in the 1970's. One lesson I learned was it doesn't always matter when it was built. I bought an F2 as my first ever detector. While learning how to use it I dug one of my first coins ever. An early 1800's capped bust dime. The one in my avatar. I was a total newbie and didn't even know what it was. It obviously didn't look like a dime so I assumed it was a toy token or something until I saw the date. That is enough to get a guy hooked on this hobby quick.

The main part of my house was built in 1860. It's an old farm and we've found lots of IH's and one buffalo nickel. Tons of farm relics/trash and square cut nails. It's also been a u-pick blueberry farm since the mid 70's and the clad is still plentiful along with bullets, spent shell casings and head stamps. Coolest find: civil war uniform button in the front yard!! Lots of fun!

Built in 1914 found lots of pop tops, nails, hot wheels cars, can slaw, and clad. Last time I searched I was digging up a target and found some old bottles. I will probably do the hill that goes down to the creek that crosses my property and even do the creek when the water is slow this summer.

My house was built in the early 1900's. For out in Northern California it is pretty old. I have found a 1892 ihp in the yard and a couple early wheats and mercs. The neat thing about our house is it was built directly on the old stage coach Trail that went through here. The property was originally purchased back in the 1940's by my wife Dad.

Just up the hill from our property atop the hill was a old 1865 hotel (old stage stop from said trail)that burnt down in the 30's. The current owners roughly 30 years ago tilled up the dirt where the hotel used to be to make a garden. While doing so they found a few old coins. So they ended up sifting the area. In the end they ended up getting a bunch of coins. I keep meaning to go visit the old gal to ask her all about the finds. If I ever do I will have to make a post about it..

Back to my place I have also found a few old relics like a very old axe head, the problem we have is my wife's dad has rearranged the dirt over our 90 acres with his d8 and d6 catapillers while he was still around.

Front part of my house is log cabin from 1850, added on to from there. Barn was built around 1900. It a old farm that used to contain 300 acres.

From what I've found around my place I understand old farmers didn't have a lot of money because they spent it all on square nails. Lol . I'm sure back in those days if you had any money you damn sure didn't lose it.

Finding anything is a challenge due to the amount of trash all over. Have been able to find where some of the old buildings were that must have been burnt down by finding the square pattern of nails laid out.

Found some interesting things that were used on farm. Probably find more if I wanted to dig iron signals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My house was built in 1954 along with 3 other houses on my street. The other few houses were all built by 1968. It was farmland before the small neighborhood was built. In my neighborhood I have found 2 barber quarters, 3 barber dimes, 2 largies, 3 v-nickels, a walker, Spanish half reale, a few wheats, a merc and a war nickel. oh and 3 Indians. This proved to me that anything can be anywhere.

My house is on the oldest map i have of 1830s, can't nail down the exact year but the oldest coins i've found on the property are 1820's

2007 just like almost every other house in my city :grin:

Around here if it's an old house they tear it down...sadly.

Farmhouse built in the 1860s, eastern Indiana. The U.S. Land Patent was purchased in 1824.

A one story addition was built off the original front entrance (facing left in photo) in the early 1960s. The area around it is basically a bed of rusty nails. I can brush a propointer on top of the ground and hit a target every several inches. Not much grass grows there so my hope is to rake the top few inches and run a magnet through it until it's somewhat cleaned up. Most of the yard surrounding the house is littered with trash, but still managed to find a few older relics.

picture.php

2013, nothing interesting around the current house.
The house I lived in before (for nearly 10years) was built in 1993 so again nothing good to find there (I did find 2x5c coins :laughing:)
And one of the earlier houses I lived in was built in 1946. Back then I was still very little (roughly 3-4yrs) and wasn't interested in metal detecting, but now when I think about it, I reckon chances are very high of finding old coins somewhere in that backyard.

What year was your house built?

Built in 1986 in an almost dead town. The little town like most in the 1880's was a booming place, but now I think we are down to 30 people in "town". My yard (huge, about 3 acres) is made up of several lots that each once contained a house, land is cheap. We buy every dilapidated shack we can and add to our "estate", lol. My house lot once held a big church, but there is too much fill dirt for any oldies. My little slice of heaven has been wonderful, my first coin (3rd hole I dug) was a merc, and I was hooked! Finds are still here but, I've hunted it to death, and I really got to work to squeak out any coins. If I don't own the property (yet) I know everybody and pretty much have free reign, too bad most lots are grown up in brush.

Last edited:
I'd have to double check, but likely in the very early 2000's as the house was about 5 years old when we moved in and we've been here a little over 11 years. (got a great deal, about a 2000 sq ft home, 4 BR, 2 bath, fireplace, large kitchen, and 1 1/2 acres of land all for just 35K, it is a manufactured home, but still a fantastic deal !)

Our home is next to a forest area and they obviously had to clear out a space to put the house so I'm not sure how much the ground was bulldozed, but the town itself had it's beginnings back in the 1700's so even though our home is not that old, the area has a long history.

Back
Top Bottom