View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 12:01 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by UT_Dave View post
So for me personally. From a reading about it and trying to make up my mind perspective. Not having ever used either machine. Not experience or first hand knowledge, just my reading of the tea leaves. But - not a real beginner, either, I used a Whites XLT for awhile a long time ago.

Some of my "why", between the ATP and the 800:

- Very small gold nuggets/high frequency options
- Software updateable
- Multi-IQ tech
- Adjustability over simplicity

Just my leanings based on what I could glean from reading without actually using the machines.

Did borrow a new Equinox 800 today though. I think I'm bonding with it rather quickly... Detectors have come a ways since my XLT was the stuff, I think.

- Dave
I know three people ( I mean actually hunt with them) that switched from an XLT or DFX to an Equinox that were used to using full tones. They had a fairly seamless transition. To really operate an XLT or DFX to its fullest takes some study, practice and a little tweaking. These three people knew their XLTs and DFXs very well. The same goes for the Equinox eventually but it will do just fine in its basic default modes like Park 1 or Beach 1 (for normal saltwater beaches or for saline areas in the Western USA)

1 members found this post helpful.