925 bracelet

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Dang of it has been some tough hunting. Location location location and I have none of those three :laughing:

I enjoy hunting grassy playing fields mostly soccer fields. Like the vast open grassy sea. They just haven't been producing much and I'm a sweaty mess with little to show after!

Anyway, was at a park, saw the basketball court and it has 2 sides with grass so I hit those sides and found this 925 bracelet. It's got some kind of coating that made me question the 925 stamp but I carved a piece out of it and it's silver.

It came out in a few pieces, has little crystals or glass pieces in each cube.

I'd not normally post a beat up, broken silver bracelet but haven't found anything good at all so heck :D

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_3601.JPG
    IMG_3601.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3602.JPG
    IMG_3602.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 164
Something different there, congrats!

The plating is probably rohidium...

<°)))>{

Dang of it has been some tough hunting. Location location location and I have none of those three :laughing:

I enjoy hunting grassy playing fields mostly soccer fields. Like the vast open grassy sea. They just haven't been producing much and I'm a sweaty mess with little to show after!

Anyway, was at a park, saw the basketball court and it has 2 sides with grass so I hit those sides and found this 925 bracelet. It's got some kind of coating that made me question the 925 stamp but I carved a piece out of it and it's silver.

It came out in a few pieces, has little crystals or glass pieces in each cube.

I'd not normally post a beat up, broken silver bracelet but haven't found anything good at all so heck :D

Happy hunting!

That's a pretty cool bracelet. I'd have posted it, too. :)

Been a bit dry lately... Went out tonight and pulled $5.97 in clad, but not a single bit of jewelry. Blah!@

You might want to test that to see if it's really sterling. There's a lot of fake sterling out there nowadays with stamped 925 tags like that on them.:(

Nice find!

Thanks Jak :)

Nice going congratulations!

Thank you!

That's a pretty cool bracelet. I'd have posted it, too. :)

Been a bit dry lately... Went out tonight and pulled $5.97 in clad, but not a single bit of jewelry. Blah!@

Man I'd kill (okay, not literally) for $6 in clad!!!

That's a nice chunk of silver, congrats!

Thanks Jam!

You might want to test that to see if it's really sterling. There's a lot of fake sterling out there nowadays with stamped 925 tags like that on them.:(

I have an acid test kit but also know silver by sight (not trying to be big headed or anything but I carved a chunk out and just know the difference after a few years of detecting) and this is the real deal (albeit worth maybe $2 :lol:) so that's where it's at! Yes fake silver is out there for sure. Thx.

Very nice! Gotta love those grassy strips around BB courts. Same for tennis courts too!

Very nice! Gotta love those grassy strips around BB courts. Same for tennis courts too!

I'm with ya on the bb courts, but I have to disagree on the tennis courts...every stinkin tennis ball can lid sounds like a quarter! I always find a ton of those, but never found any jewelry. Anybody else?

Back
Top Bottom