AKA STF (Simultaneous Two Frequency detector)

These AKA guys need to take a business class. Nobody in America is going to pay what I assume is $1,200 (not $12,000), for a detector that nobody knows about, by a company that nobody knows about. They need to start by selling their detectors for cheap, to get them in the hands of people and get reviews out there, then they can increase the prices.

I would buy one (the multi-frequency type) for maybe $500, but I'm not spending over $1,000 for a metal detector that nobody can vouch for, and has to be sent to Russia for warranty work.

You can't charge the prices of Minelab or Whites, until you have the popularity of Minelab or Whites.

This detector does have me interested, but the price is wayyyy too high.

Contrary to popular opinion, the world does not always revolve around the USA. AKA has a fair bit of metal detecting history although mostly in eastern European countries.

What they charge in their chosen markets is their decision, but you are correct, at that price point they would have a steep entry barrier into the US market. However, if (big if) it turns out to be a far superior machine to the Minelab machine, then it will sell for that application, as small a market as it may be at that price point.

I guess what I am trying to say is that we should cut them some slack and give them a chance to prove what this new technology is and what it can do. In the end, the market will decide what it is worth.

I can say that the aka is unlike anything I've used so far.To say one machine is better than another is opinionated at what your searching for.I already know as well as others,there are a select few who will challenge anything,other than what they use.But the Aka has been around for over 20 years and is a proven machine.I sold mine for personal reasons, not we're because of performance. I don't see why the Aka would lower their price just to meet a new flow of export sales.I will say the Aka is top shelf, along with other brands,it's not beneath any.

the gpz 7000 is meant for a professional to make money (gold). the two frequency aka is for a hobbyist. there is no way on gods green earth you will sell them for 12,000 usd. it is a incorrectly typed amount correct igor? if not good luck not just in the usa but the entire world.

the gpz 7000 is meant for a professional to make money (gold). the two frequency aka is for a hobbyist. there is no way on gods green earth you will sell them for 12,000 usd. it is a incorrectly typed amount correct igor? if not good luck not just in the usa but the entire world.

STF is positioned by AKA as a portable laboratory for organizations.

I'm not sure regarding sales in USA, but Spring is coming and there will be usual for AKA "out of stock" in Russia. This autumn Bulgarian assembly point had to make export of devices to Russia since AKA production was under great demand there. I don't think such wanted products will flood USA market as chep ones... What purpose for?

And let me say again, there are rumors that STF lite variant could be worked out with less cost for detectorists.

Dear Sirs,
Breaking news!

First those Russians quits arms pact as estrangement with Nato grows and then ... it appears :shock:

- no batteries are needed any longer
- no headtorches/flashlights are needed at night time
- total ground penetration at least 5,7 m down even in mineralized soils
- worms leave soil immediately, so you can gather them and go fishing in no time
- gold coins become glowing, so they could be easely noticed
:laughing:

PS.
One prototype is already being tested in Bulgaria on highly mineralized soils

Comparing Signum MFT and STF Machine

Referring to Mr. StiV (from MigronBG)
***qte***
The basic idea of this detector is to be multifunctional. Not only for heavy soils or nuggets, but also for all soil conditions, for all purposes and targets.
In this video we see only Delta hodograph (result of 2 hodographs of 2 freq.)
***unqte***

Dear Sirs,
Breaking news!

First those Russians quits arms pact as estrangement with Nato grows and then ... it appears :shock:

- no batteries are needed any longer
- no headtorches/flashlights are needed at night time
- total ground penetration at least 5,7 m down even in miniralized soils
- worms leaves soil immediately, so you can gather them and go fishing in no time
- gold coins become glowing, so they could be easely noticed
:laughing:

PS.
One prototype is already being tested in Bulgaria on highly mineralized soils

Hope nobody testing that is planning on starting a family or keeping their hair:shock:

Me? Sure! I will not sell any at all since I'm not a seller.

As to AKA, I don't know, they position their new creation for organisations mostly and position it as a portable laboratory :yes:. If you are mding aesthete, probably, you'll have it :chaplin:

I would buy one if a Russian blonde comes with it :D

i disagree. the garrett pp reined supreme for years then other companies (some outside the us) challenged the status quo. they made a deeper PP without the falsing issue. now garrett who had years to fix the obvious problem did nothing because there was no competition. after the market flooded with superior products they answered with the at PP which "fixed" the problem that they had known about for years and years.

minelab which in my opinion sells overpriced detectors for what they are (my current detector is a minelab) is going to feel the pinch of innovation. 1200 bucks for a multi frequency machine, that the single frequency is already causing a stir will shake up the market. to me and i may be wrong, established md'er companies will not pony up any money for r&d until they are forced to. makro, nokta, aka are pushing hard and they will food the US market. the question is how are the big companies going to respond.

1200 bucks really means about 1000 if your willing to make a few calls. instead of everyone bashing these "new" companies we should celebrate them for pushing technology forward because if they didnt the bigger companies would have no reason to.

if i produced one of the only AA batteries and had very little competition of whom also produced a similar product why change? why spend money on r&d? first texas, whites, minelab, tesoro will pony up some cash in r&d as soon as these new companies start taking away from there bottom dollar.

Partially true, I read Minelab's [parent co.] 112 page 2014 annual report and can tell you they are involved in extensive R&D and take nothing lightly, they are impressive in the corporate structure world and take pride in their product. The slowdown in the mining ind. and sales in Africa cost all the manufacturers dearly in FY2014 over FY2013. Their world consists of much more than we think about. As huge as Garrett is I couldnt find similar info and I'm going to check into white's today. Just curiosity as to who's who and the fact that Minelab's parent co. is listed on the ASX

Every time I read about all these new detectors (not AKA models) out there being hyped up etc, I get the urge to spend some money that I shouldn't.

What do I do, is grab my AKA Berkut off the rack and play with it for about an hour. That generally cures the problem, the desire to buy another, one of those machine fades.
It does so much with great performance and for me is just about a do all machine. Now my main machine. Still frozen up here, can't actually go hunting yet.

But, still like my Tesoros as a Beep and Dig machine, always have at least a couple of them around.

Anyone know what happens if you cross the streams?

With some technology, that can be bad, very bad.

Back
Top Bottom