Root Assassin shovel

Dig-Dug

Forum Supporter
Anybody try one of these for detecting?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KAGXUT2?psc=1

It looks good with aggressive teeth for cutting roots. Not sure about the durability though. It does have a lot of great reviews. At $40 this thing might give Predator tools a run for their money. $113 for a Predator Piranha (shipped) vs $40 for this - no brainer if it is durable.

That's a good point, didn't see it. Also saw one review showing a crack and buckling just above the blade....so, maybe not such a good idea after all :?:

Yea good in theory until you look at the images..
Outch..
Know what your doing budget wise..
I always read reviews. Never thought to check the images too..

Last edited:
You get what you pay for. Just get a Sampson and be done with it. Great tool.

Yep, got a Lesche and a Sampson. Love them both, especially the Sampson for nice, neat little plugs. But still thinking about getting something bigger than the Sampson, like the Piranha or similar.

Yep, got a Lesche and a Sampson. Love them both, especially the Sampson for nice, neat little plugs. But still thinking about getting something bigger than the Sampson, like the Piranha or similar.

I'm going to get the Lesche Mini Sampson 18" but I can't decide if I want the double serrated blade or not. The one without might be easier to cut into the soil with? What do you think? Will be using it in an area with lots of roots for sure...

I'm going to get the Lesche Mini Sampson 18" but I can't decide if I want the double serrated blade or not. The one without might be easier to cut into the soil with? What do you think? Will be using it in an area with lots of roots for sure...

I'd go with the double serrated blade for sure if you are hunting in areas with a lot of roots. I don't think you are going to see much of a difference between a single or double serrated blade in just digging soil.

I dig in the woods a lot and love my 18" lesche, I find it easy to dig with as I dig from my knees . I also carry a 14 " lopping toot for roots
HH

I am a little envious of most of you guys. If I were to show up in a park or almost anywhere other than private property with a shovel or any other menacing device, I would surely have the police called on me.

Is it an East Coast thing, or do I just live around a bunch of pansies?

Back
Top Bottom