White's Treasuremaster

Its a "Whites" machine. Very capable machine, I have sold several and even played around with them a little. ALL of my customers that have purchased them are very happy and making nice finds with them.

Its a "Whites" machine. Very capable machine, I have sold several and even played around with them a little. ALL of my customers that have purchased them are very happy and making nice finds with them.
Thanks......I'm thinking of buying one but reviews have been lukewarm. I'm partial to White's machines and have used them since 1983

Thanks......I'm thinking of buying one but reviews have been lukewarm. I'm partial to White's machines and have used them since 1983

No doubt the reviews depends the ground conditions of where it was used, and the operators level of experience. It has auto ground balance which helps adjust to soil conditions, but all said and done, it has about the same level of performance as your M6.

I noticed you are in East Conn and probably near the ocean. If you are planning on using it for beach detecting, this is it is not the best detector for wet sand. If you want to stay with White's and beach hunt, I'd suggest the BeachHunter or V3i. You can also use the TDI or Surfmaster Dual Field, but as PI machines go, they don't discriminate and you'll have to dig every single target.

Guy on here posting gold with his appears to be a dry sand hunter. I hunt the wet sand and water only so something to think about. He is doing good in the dry sand. I have 11 gold with the CTX in the wet sand and I don't hunt as much:lol:

No doubt the reviews depends the ground conditions of where it was used, and the operators level of experience. It has auto ground balance which helps adjust to soil conditions, but all said and done, it has about the same level of performance as your M6.

I noticed you are in East Conn and probably near the ocean. If you are planning on using it for beach detecting, this is it is not the best detector for wet sand. If you want to stay with White's and beach hunt, I'd suggest the BeachHunter or V3i. You can also use the TDI or Surfmaster Dual Field, but as PI machines go, they don't discriminate and you'll have to dig every single target.
I'm strictly a land hunter....

I'm strictly a land hunter....

They both have the same size coil so expect the same depth from the two machines.

THe M6 operates at 14 kHz and is probably better tuned to find gold then the Treasuremaster's lower 7.8 kHz.

This is a reason why some folks are gravitating to the Equinox 800 machine. It has five selectable frequencies at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 where the 20 & 40 are ideal for gold.

I'd start researching more on frequencies and then go from there. It seams like the TM is a step down from your M6

They both have the same size coil so expect the same depth from the two machines.

THe M6 operates at 14 kHz and is probably better tuned to find gold then the Treasuremaster's lower 7.8 kHz.

This is a reason why some folks are gravitating to the Equinox 800 machine. It has five selectable frequencies at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 where the 20 & 40 are ideal for gold.

I'd start researching more on frequencies and then go from there. It seams like the TM is a step down from your M6
I'm not stepping down from the M6. The new detector is going to be for my girlfriend.

Treasure master pinpoint mode

I'm still learning how to use my treasure master and I have a question about the pinpoint mode.
I run across several targets that give good clad and copper readings but when I hit pinpoint mode it goes to iron most of the time. I dig them and it is hit or miss whether it is a coin or not. Is this normal?
It has read certain coins in pinpoint mode and that is exactly what it is.

Jmo

I wonder how fast it responds to targets. It looks slow. Preset ground balance is auto balance. These are set at the factory to be what is average mineral challenges. These can be set too positive, too negative or just right. I considered the Pro but went with the MX7. It would be good to try one. hh

I wonder how fast it responds to targets. It looks slow. Preset ground balance is auto balance. These are set at the factory to be what is average mineral challenges. These can be set too positive, too negative or just right. I considered the Pro but went with the MX7. It would be good to try one. hh

I thought whites treasure master was ground tracking,that’s what they’re website says..

Does anyone here have an opinion on the White's Treasuremaster?[/QUOTE)

Mediocre, average at best. Jumpy IDs, fair depth. The cheapest above average detector White's is making is the 3.5 lb MX-7, about $500 or so new. Very few seen used so far. The 4.2lb MX Sport goes underwater & sometimes shows up used for under $500. New is over $700.

I have Treasure Pro ($369) that also uses the Prizm coils like Treasuremaster. I want to get rid of it. Of course these seem great compared to no detector.

I would go with the MX Sport. The whole waterproof thing is too useful. You don't have to worry if it starts raining, or having to not hunt because it is already raining.

Back
Top Bottom