Explain your Username

I grew up racing cars and such and was nicknamed in the military. 94 was the year I graduated and joined the military.

A passing comment from a few of my friends about my rather enormous music collection, as well as my plethora of useless facts about bands....:lol:

My user name is just a nickname I've had for years. Astronomy has always been my favorite hobby, and I "almost" went into that as a career....but reality set in and I realized 3 things. #1 There aren't that many jobs for astronomers, #2 that astronomy, as a profession involves lots of higher math (and I'm not good at that!). And finally, #3 real astronomers don't get to enjoy and appreciate the heavens above them because they are mostly looking at numbers and figures and computer data and not through a telescope with their own eyes!

I went to the Texas Star Party about 10 years back in the 80's and 90's and found out that the professional astronomers were excited to "look" through my small 10" reflector telescope! And they had 80 and 100" scopes at their observatory! But they never got to "look" through them, only CCD's and computers did. They just looked at the numbers and digitized, enhanced data. Not nearly as much "real" fun.

Astronomersmith

Masterpuppet= favorite Metallica song if I am stressed or a bad day play it loud and yell the words much better after that.

Avatar is a tattoo that my daughter drew for me, its her brothers initials J.D. The J is a fishing hook with a few fly feathers in school colors for the fishing we do. The D one part hockey stick for all the hockey games we went to and watched together and the round part is a bowling bowl as I coached his high school bowling team while he was still in school.

Mine is a combination of 2 of my hobbies, I dig a few and a couple times a week i like to drink a few with my buddies.

I just registered today and was mortified that I spelled my username wrong:facepalm:. I have asked the welcoming moderator if it can be fixed.

Mine was supposed to mean that I am from the Pacific NW

When I met my wife, her grandfather explained where the red hair came from. Her daddy had rusty pipes. Her first name is Kelly, hence rustyk. I added the 1 because on a different forum rustyk was taken.

Easy. Mine is for THE greatest Generals who ever fought for our country.:viking:

FIFY

J, 19F, 19E, 19K.

60A1's, A3's, Sheridans, M1 series (XM, IP, A1 and Heavy Common)

"There are only two kinds of vehicles on the battlefield, Tanks....and Targets"

In Parts of Southern Africa cane rats are used to sniff out land mines.

Laggy - My screen name in a lot of online games (well 2 actually) is Gotlag, Laggy for short. I started online gaming back in 2002 with a game called Earth and Beyond. I was on dialup at the time. Everyone kept making fun of my slow connection that eventually I was known as Gotlag. I played Eve Online since 2004, and started playing Minecraft in 2010. I am now addicted to MD'n :-P

Sent from an island on MineCraft

Guess you can say besides 43 was my favorite number, my first silver was an 1843 half dime... Isaac is my first name... self explanatory.

jerr-man

My name is Jerry and my buddies call me jerrman. Also, is my Ebay user name.

Back
Top Bottom