Was gonna buy one but.....

Dirt clown

Forum Supporter
I bought 2. It was a toss up between an e-trac and a Deus.... Deus won and I got it a friend, I got one of the new F75's with DST.

Any info or tips would be welcome.

I'm looking at the E-Trac and Deus as well.

What tilted you to the Deus? It looks like a great machine, but I'm concerned with nonreplaceable batteries.

I'm looking at the E-Trac and Deus as well.

What tilted you to the Deus? It looks like a great machine, but I'm concerned with nonreplaceable batteries.

While maybe not as easy to replace as regular disposable batteries, they are replaceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While maybe not as easy to replace as regular disposable batteries, they are replaceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can they b replaced by the user, of do they deed to be sent in in to a repair facility to get replaced?

Ok thanks, many I'll watch the video later I'm guessing the answer is yes and this link is an instructional video on how to do it.

After listening to Derek tell guys on his show to send him their Blisstol so he can change the battery, it makes. Guy wonder.

Still kind of old school I like a replaceable battery pack.

Not familiar with battery change procedure on bliss tool,,,the question I thought was about Deus.

Blisstool battery change may be more complicated.

I may talk to Derek and see.

Also,,,over the last few years since Deus has been released inside USA,,extremeLy few problems involving batteries.

Now ther have been some folks,,,who for whatever reason failed or forgot to charge their units and went hunting and had a problem,,,,but not battery related per SE.

Not familiar with battery change procedure on bliss tool,,,the question I thought was about Deus.

Blisstool battery change may be more complicated.

I may talk to Derek and see.

Also,,,over the last few years since Deus has been released inside USA,,extremeLy few problems involving batteries.

Now ther have been some folks,,,who for whatever reason failed or forgot to charge their units and went hunting and had a problem,,,,but not battery related per SE.

They were two separate paragraphs, the first was about the XP Deus.

The second paragraph was a reference to another detector which had its own internal battery pack. The reference point was to establish what I was thinking so people didn't think I'd went off the deep end. :grin:

And I'm certainly not talking smack on either's battery quality or durability of the tools. Just wanted to know if it was user replaceable.

I bought 2. It was a toss up between an e-trac and a Deus.... Deus won and I got it a friend, I got one of the new F75's with DST.

Any info or tips would be welcome.

F75dst,,you can run high sens and low disc,,,,,,in most places get away with it.

Does have a few additional settings,,,to knock out audio on iron, etc.

Deus,,,there are some good threads,post here about it.

Will be chirpier than probably what you are accustomed to,,but make no mistake,,when chirpy,,it will give tone indications on targets.

Probably bes advice I could give,,,take a clad dime,,and nickel,,,test at various depths buried,,,,watch what happens to the nickel at depth,,tone wise.
This is what makes the Deus unusual and IMO good.

Deeper targets transition to higher tone.

Cheers

2 nice units.

F75dst,,you can run high sens and low disc,,,,,,in most places get away with it.

Does have a few additional settings,,,to knock out audio on iron, etc.

Deus,,,there are some good threads,post here about it.

Will be chirpier than probably what you are accustomed to,,but make no mistake,,when chirpy,,it will give tone indications on targets.

Probably bes advice I could give,,,take a clad dime,,and nickel,,,test at various depths buried,,,,watch what happens to the nickel at depth,,tone wise.
This is what makes the Deus unusual and IMO good.

Deeper targets transition to higher tone.

Cheers

2 nice units.

War nickels ring up higher on the Deus as well even when not so deep but there really is no mistaking deeper coins. The Deus will up average the VDI on them. Any deep clean, unbroken squeeky high tone in Full tones with VDI in the 90s is almost always an old coin. If it still sounds pretty good but no vdi then its usually either old junk or old lower conducting coin like nickel or fatty indian

If the VDI is bouncy or changes when target scanned in another direction than it is likely junk. Especially true on shallower targets

War nickels ring up higher on the Deus as well even when not so deep but there really is no mistaking deeper coins. The Deus will up average the VDI on them. Any deep clean, unbroken squeeky high tone in Full tones with VDI in the 90s is almost always an old coin. If it still sounds pretty good but no vdi then its usually either old junk or old lower conducting coin like nickel or fatty indian

If the VDI is bouncy or changes when target scanned in another direction than it is likely junk. Especially true on shallower targets

Yep,,something else worth noting,,,,hunting in the worst of iron pits,,running full tones,, if you run 0 disc,,,very possible to get nonferrous target (tone will not be so obvious) with 00 in the window.

If a person ups their disc to around 2.0-3.0,,,, getting this 00 in the window on nonferrous targets doesn't seem to happen or is very uncommon--I've not seen.

I am not saying to anyone when hunting in nail pits--- to depend on TID of target,,,rather go by what you hear instead.

Yep,,something else worth noting,,,,hunting in the worst of iron pits,,running full tones,, if you run 0 disc,,,very possible to get nonferrous target (tone will not be so obvious) with 00 in the window.

If a person ups their disc to around 2.0-3.0,,,, getting this 00 in the window on nonferrous targets doesn't seem to happen or is very uncommon--I've not seen.

I am not saying to anyone when hunting in nail pits--- to depend on TID of target,,,rather go by what you hear instead.

If your hunting in nail beds, then youre probably on an old site and should just dig any tone that doesn't sound like iron. I hunt with 0 disc 99% of the time

If your hunting in nail beds, then youre probably on an old site and should just dig any tone that doesn't sound like iron. I hunt with 0 disc 99% of the time

Well,
Believe it or not,,hunting an old site riddled with nails,,,using 9" coil,,,if you run 0 disc you sure can make some nonferrous finds,,,,but you can miss some too.

Rehunt site using 9" coil,,full tones dial disc up to 2-2.5,,,you will find some more targets.

When you rehunt with the above disc,,,,every hing the detector sound off on,,pay close attention,,,you likely to hear a high squeak or 2.

For some reason,,,the Deus on some targets (highly masked) the slightly higher disc will cause tone on them to be ever so slightly higher,,,so you hear them.

Also the 2-2.5 disc,,,makes the Deus an isolator of sorts on items,,,,small nail bits,,rust,,won't set the detector off,,,,meaning the targets that do set the detector off,,,can be studied more in detail,,,with varied coil position,,sweep speed, etc.

I will gladly hunt behind anyone in an old site that has been busted and busted hard with Deus running full tones and 0 disc.

Using the above recommendations.

Well,
Believe it or not,,hunting an old site riddled with nails,,,using 9" coil,,,if you run 0 disc you sure can make some nonferrous finds,,,,but you can miss some too.

Rehunt site using 9" coil,,full tones dial disc up to 2-2.5,,,you will find some more targets.

When you rehunt with the above disc,,,,every hing the detector sound off on,,pay close attention,,,you likely to hear a high squeak or 2.

For some reason,,,the Deus on some targets (highly masked) the slightly higher disc will cause tone on them to be ever so slightly higher,,,so you hear them.

Also the 2-2.5 disc,,,makes the Deus an isolator of sorts on items,,,,small nail bits,,rust,,won't set the detector off,,,,meaning the targets that do set the detector off,,,can be studied more in detail,,,with varied coil position,,sweep speed, etc.

I will gladly hunt behind anyone in an old site that has been busted and busted hard with Deus running full tones and 0 disc.

Using the above recommendations.

Ill try anything in hopes of bringing life to my tired old sites. I will say that running any disc, even 1 or 2, makes the machine sound completely different in iron. Something Ill have to get used too. Itsgetting harder to find some good old ground around here

Ill try anything in hopes of bringing life to my tired old sites. Itsgetting harder to find some good old ground around here

To clarify,,,when you go to disc level 2.0-2.5,,,sure you will still get the bigger iron,,,but number of overall items in ground making noise(tone) greatly diminished,,,makes for a more pleasant hunt too.

The targets that give tone,,some even a bit of high static,,some a tone,, a tone a smidge above iron sounding,,,no grunt,,usually stready,,,like it is caught in the middle-between iron and nonferrous.

Also having coil centered exactly helps on these particualr targets.

After a person hears a few of these,,and dig and see they are nonferrous,,,confidence builder.

Will a few nails,,some other ferrous materials be dug?? Yep,,but with a little practice not as many will be.

Pushing the Deus to the limits separation wise,,,will cause some iron be dug.
But these targets recovered in this fashion,,not many detectors out there can do.
Especially with a 9" coil.

To the op of this thread,,,,this info is IMO considered advanced use info,,won't hurt you to read and be aware,,,,and when you witness,,,lightbulb will be turned on,,,learning curved shortened.

Not in the manual btw,,and beleive it or not,,not in the available Deus handbook per SE.

Back
Top Bottom