Explorer finds lost ship

Soil Surgeon

Forum Supporter
I haven't gotten out in several weeks due to life's current demands . Yesterday I got back to that old sports field that had been good to me a while back . The field itself is now ready for the turf to be installed so it's now locked up .
However , the outside perimeters on the outside of fence are still available .
The only space I hadn't hit hard was a section by the back gate .
This spot is really trash infested .
I put 3hrs. into it with my old Explorer2 sporting a 6" detech coil and dug every signal I could get . I found lots of pulltabs , flat bottle caps , zincs , a couple of keys and lots of other worthless junk .
As far as coinage nothing but 4 clad dimes and 8 memorial pennies .Nothing worth posting except for this sweet sounding Sterling silver badge (minus the pin). It pegged top right as far as it could go on the smartscreen .

It made my day ! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 515
Looks like the top of a Sub cutting through the water. Great find

NAVY ENLISTED SUBMARINE DOLPHIN BADGE REGULATION SIZE SILVER

Attachments

• navy-submarine-dolphin-badge-enlisted.jpg
    navy-submarine-dolphin-badge-enlisted.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 564
That is a sweet pin! Nice find.

I've seen a few videos with an explorer in them and I think they have the nicest tone sounds I have heard of any machine. They just sound soooo nice.

Congrats!

A super Sterling recovery Surgeon. Wonder what that design represents as I have not seen anything like it before. Trapper

Thanks Trapper . TNTGross supplied a nice picture of a similar one below .
It's a Submariners badge . I did a little research and saw many different
examples but none quite like this one . By the wear and the simplicity of it ,
I'm thinking it might be an earlier period one . Before TNT's picture I thought it was something like a light cruiser .:lol:

Thanks Mike , I was glad to end my hunts at that site with one last good silver find .
I love the tones of the Explorer , they are music to my ears . :lalalala:

I will never sell my old explorer unless they make a waterproof one! That pin is really cool, my first thought was navy related as well. Congrats!

Thank you sal and hikerdude .

I'd also like to give a shout out to georgeinsc who didn't have to find one of these badges , he actually earned the right to wear one by serving aboard Submarines . Check out his avatar and see his . Thanks for your service George and I'm wishing you the best of recoveries with that torn tendon .

That is a fantastic find! You got your fins! After seeing a couple of those come up on the forum before, I recognized it right away. Any military insignia is a good dig, but especially the elaborate ones like this, and especially in sterling silver!

I will never sell my old explorer unless they make a waterproof one! That pin is really cool, my first thought was navy related as well. Congrats!

Hold onto that baby as long as you can .Mine's got a few problems , it's probably not going to last that long but it's still getting coins .

That's a cool unique pin, nice find!

Thanks Jason !

That is a real nice pin. Nice recovery. Glad to see people still swinging that explorer!

Once the Explorers die they are dead . The only options for FBS still being produced are the eTrac + Safari . I like my new Nox 600 and my White's M6
so I wont be spending the money for anymore FBS .

Very nice rare find.

Thanks Sal !

Thats a pretty cool find. A sterling navel pin. That would have made my day too.
HH everyone

Thanks , it was a nice surprise .

That is a fantastic find! You got your fins! After seeing a couple of those come up on the forum before, I recognized it right away. Any military insignia is a good dig, but especially the elaborate ones like this, and especially in sterling silver!

Thanks Foragist , I don't find too much military stuff , this and my Colonel's insignia are my two favorites .

Very nice find.
Congrats.

Thank you Shooter !

Back
Top Bottom