Need a PinPointer?

airhead

Any advise on a new PinPointer.

I know you get what you pay for, but lets not get crazy, and stick wit one that will give me the best bang for the buck.

Mr. airhead, did we solve the detector question on the other thread already? The rest is easy, just go Garrett or Whites. one is called the carrot and the other is the TRX. Neither will hold you you up.:grin:

No I don't think so, because this is the first time I'm asking about a Pin pointer.

I'm very new here and to the hobby, and my other question in another thread was about my purchase of the Garrett Ace 400, and I was please with the responses and support I received.

I no longer want to make purchases for this hobby without asking some questions from our members, as I know very little on equipment.

I want to purchase a Pin pointer now, and want to know a few of the better brands and models, and venders to purchase from, that our members recommend.

:friends:

Any of the sponsors will give a good deal. I'd go with the Garret pro pointer (carrot). Good luck with your decision and on your future hunts.

I have a carrot under the tree waiting for Xmas. Went back and forth between that and the TRX for months trying to figure out which way to go. (Old Garrett Propointer is finaly getting worn out after years of use) Finally decided on the carrot and jerr-man hooked me up at Anitque Detectors. Also bought from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies and Phil at Myers Depot in the past. All have been excellent. Don't have a favorite just trying to spread the little money I have around to the sponsors. Don't think any of them will do you wrong. A lot of threads on here comparing the 2 and others. But the Garrett Carrot and White TRX seem to be the top tried and true performers and most popular. I would stay clear of the Fisher/Bounty Hunter pointer, it does work but you basically need to be almost touching the object for it to find it. Personal preference. Some do prefer that though, just not me. It is alot cheaper though.

Your best bang for the buck is the Deteknix X-Pointer for $89. Then it's the Garrett Propointer II.

I like and use the Garretts AT which retails for $127, can be bought for less through a sponsor here.

The TRX is higher priced than others. I own them all and if I was buying and had the $$$, it'd be the Carrot due to a bit of added depth plus a few extra features.

The X-Pointer is less painful in dollars and works dang good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned and used about every pin pointer on the market these days and hands down the orange Garrett Pro Pointer AT ( carrot) I about the best one out there. I have put mine through h@ll and back and it has served me very well

I agree with the carrot, the one thing you will find is its the one pinpointer that not only has the better track record, customer following, but most importantly best customer service should it fail.

This is Jerry from Antiques Detectors, I can sell you a Garrett Carrot (AT Pro Pointer), for $125.00 SHIPPED. The Whites TRX is $135.00 SHIPPED. Please let me know if you have any questions. 620 856 5190

Well thanks again everyone, I knew you all would help me make the right decision, and quickly too!
Your friendship and support makes the hobby even more fun.

DRUM ROLLLLLLLLLLL! ......... and the decisions is the Carrot!

I'm all about supporting our sponsors and spreading the $$$ ..... Jerr-Man will get the call, Tuesday.
Jerr-Man, if your watchin, get one (1) ready :woohoo:

Thanks

Great choices! :D

The pinpointer really does cut down on the frustration factor, speaking from a similar rookie perspective. I only went a couple of days with the 400 before I ordered the carrot. It's already been underwater and COATED in mud. I almost never close up the hole without finding the prize anymore.

I have been using a Mars now for the last month and honestly I like it better than my two Carrots.

Back
Top Bottom