Garrett carrot acting up

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
My carrot pinpointer which I have used almost exclusively for the last 4 yrs is acting up other than a occasional falsing. Lately I've noticed It will start vibrating as soon as I put it in the hole and won't stop till I shut it off. When I switch it back on it reverts to the lowest sensitivity setting. I have tried a cleaning, battery change, even made sure my detector was out of the way. Any one else having a similar issues. Thanks Mark

My carrot pinpointer which I have used almost exclusively for the last 4 yrs is acting up other than a occasional falsing. Lately I've noticed It will start vibrating as soon as I put it in the hole and won't stop till I shut it off. When I switch it back on it reverts to the lowest sensitivity setting. I have tried a cleaning, battery change, even made sure my detector was out of the way. Any one else having a similar issues. Thanks Mark

How long was your last battery in the carrot? Check the battery contacts for corrosion which may have occurred from a previous leaky battery.

I have no personal experience but I have heard good things about contacting garrett customer support. If you think it's malfunctioning definitely reach out to them.

Starting to have the same issue, I noticed the foam rubber piece is gone in the cap, probably because i always unscrew the cap and flip the battery after each outing.

I will try a new rubber spacer and perhaps some dielectric grease.

Anyone else?

Starting to have the same issue, I noticed the foam rubber piece is gone in the cap, probably because i always unscrew the cap and flip the battery after each outing.

I will try a new rubber spacer and perhaps some dielectric grease.

Anyone else?

Flip the battery? I thought the 9volt installed in just one way?

Flip the battery? I thought the 9volt installed in just one way?

Flip so there is no contact to prevent battery drain or leakage. Essentially the contacts would be towards the cap, and the cap just has like a 1/4 -turn. No need to do any more than that.

Flip so there is no contact to prevent battery drain or leakage. Essentially the contacts would be towards the cap, and the cap just has like a 1/4 -turn. No need to do any more than that.

Got it! Of course! At first I thought you were flipping the battery so that the contacts were switched. Please excuse my stupid question!

BTW, that's a really good practice. I'm going to start doing that.

Back
Top Bottom