WK#7, Career 1000, 2 Halves In A 13 Silver Week.

jack&jill

Elite Member
Posting this report early today as I doubt if I'll get a chance to get out. Torrential rains and extreme winds have hit the tundra and has kept me in doors both yesterday and again today. A positive I'm really glad it's not snow.
My week started out great as a call from Dewsweeper saying he's coming down for a hunt excited me. This was going to be a very special outing for me and sharing it was only going to make it better. My first Silver dig of the day I got a little weird as I began talking to it telling it that it came one coin to early. The coin a Big Ben was to be number 999 Silver of my career. 20 minutes later a 1939 Washington became my 1000st Silver Coin dug. Thus I have hit my first goal of the year. It's been a long chase and a plateau for me that watching others like Captain Silver (Bruce) and Jamflicker (Jason) reach. I have nothing but extreme respect for these guys as their commitment and dedication in this hobby has been an inspiration for all of us. I adding three Silver dimes to the hunt giving me five for the day. Odd thing that day was I only dug one Wheat Penny. Dew's also dug 3 Silver Dimes but he did not even dig a Wheat. Odd for sure.
Monday went to an Park that I had some success in the past but never hit the ball field. Was there only about 2 hours when a city worker arrived and asked not to dig on the field. He was kind and told me that he was there to prepare it for the up coming season. While talking with him I hit a great signal of 12-45 at 8-9 inches. I asked if he'd allow me to dig this and demonstrate my process. He was a bit unsure but said yes. My reward was a Merc, my second of the day, which surprised the attendant, pleased me though. He seemed impressed that the plug was clean and blended like no hole ever existed. The result is he gave me permission to come back in Sept. when the season is done. He then gave me permission to hunt his yard. My third hunt of the week came on Wednesday, again went to a park that I've hunted before. This park usually is very busy but I hoped with the temps being cooler, activity would not be less. It worked in my favor and I got in a strong five hours swinging. A four Silver day with a "64" Kennedy Half being the highlite. Its only the Third Kennedy Silver of my career. A Rosie, a Merc and A GW were the other Silver's of that hunt. Went back to that same site the next day to continue hunting. Dug 2 Rosie's that finish the weeks outings. Finish with 13 Silver Coins in four outings. Would have love getting out these last two days but for the weather. The 13 now has my at 92 FTY. A bit long winded but thank you all for looking. Trapper

Attachments

• 4-8-18 1.jpg
    4-8-18 1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 607
  • 4-8-18 .jpg
    4-8-18 .jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 553
  • 4-10-18 .jpg
    4-10-18 .jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 553
  • 4-11-18 .jpg
    4-11-18 .jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 549
  • 4-12-18 .jpg
    4-12-18 .jpg
    87 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:
Man you sure get around. Great finds you have there. What is your best year for halves?

man your killing it buddy!! will be awhile before I hit 1000 but at the rate my buffalo's keep coming in I might hit that by the end of the year:laughing:

WOW, another great week, your definitely an inspiration to many of us silver hunters.

...........but your also pi$$ing me off with the silver show, when we got this !!!! weather, and I had time to get out. lol

Congrats on all that loot.:cool:
I appreciate your reply metal, thank you.
Man you sure get around. Great finds you have there. What is your best year for halves?
Thank you Jordan. My best year on halves was back in 2011 or 12. Dug 17 Half Dollars but 11 of them were clad Kennedy's. 3 of those in one hunt and 9 in 3 weeks.
That's quite a milestone you have reached there, one that many of us will only dream about.
Big Congrats on hitting 1000!
Thank you Ron. That milestone took a long time to get to. I remember the first Silver Coin a War Nickle dug in December of 2010 using a White DFX. The only Silver Coin I dug that year.
man your killing it buddy!! will be awhile before I hit 1000 but at the rate my buffalo's keep coming in I might hit that by the end of the year:laughing:
Thanks Mike. Reaching the Thousand plateau seems totally unreal. I still have ever coin. You do know with the Buffalo and Silver counts you have this year it is very possible you will top a hundred on both this year. Something not many have ever done. Trapper

That is a great blow-by-blow report.

You got me LMAO when the park worked asked you lay off the digging, all the while you are befriending him, all the while you are getting a signal. Nice going!!

WOW, another great week, your definitely an inspiration to many of us silver hunters.
...........but your also pi$$ing me off with the silver show, when we got this !!!! weather, and I had time to get out. lol
Sorry Craig, sorry... I had plans to hunt with friends both Friday and Saturday and I'm madder not getting to meet up with them than not hunting. Think I could have scored maybe a couple Silvers for this week also. Damn weather!
That's just so awesome!! Congrats to you and thanks for sharing.
Appreciate your reply Kiowa, thank you.
Awesome job!
Thanks Tom. Getting to the Thousand Silver Coins level was the first goal I set for this year. Just did not think I'd get there this fast.
WTG Trapper, Congratulations.
Thank you Jerry, you keep on Silver the way your producing now and you will reach a 1000 much faster than I did. Trapper

1000 silvers is just an amazing feat you have just performed there Trapper.
I don't think I even have 1/3 of that amount in my time Md'ing. So you going for your next 1000 now?:lol: A big congratulations to ya!!!

1000 dug silver coins. Speechless. I bet 80 percent of those who pick up a detector get impatient and leave the hobby. I wonder what percentage find 1000 silver coins? You are in an elite group for sure.

That’s alot of silver,wow..1000 silver coins? I couldn’t imagine,I’m gonna count mine up but I’m thinking I got a lot of years to even get close to half of that.congradulations on the 1000 silver coin count,and all those beauties.

That’s so awesome you hit 1000 career silvers, welcome to the club. Another stellar week too, congrats. How many years have you been detecting? One thing I have never found is a Kennedy silver. Keep those silver coming and hope you get a break in your weather.

That is a great blow-by-blow report.

You got me LMAO when the park worked asked you lay off the digging, all the while you are befriending him, all the while you are getting a signal. Nice going!!
You know Kurt it is awful hard to walk away from a pretty much known Silver signal. It really played to my benefit. It turned out to be my shortest hunt for the week but may prove out to be my best. I plan on hunting his yard late next week. Got a really good feeling it is going to lead to a lot more.
congrats on your big achievment of getting to 1000 silvers :D ive never kept track on how many ive dug
Thank you Mark for the kind words. After my first two years in the hobby I would have never dreamed of digging this type of number. Wasn't until I had my second 200+ Silver coin years that I really kept an eye on this plateau. Still due to very little available time the last two years this date was delayed.
1000 silvers is just an amazing feat you have just performed there Trapper.
I don't think I even have 1/3 of that amount in my time Md'ing. So you going for your next 1000 now?:lol: A big congratulations to ya!!!
Appreciate your reply Busca. Yes 2000 sounds good. I hope the good lord continues to bless me with time and good heath. Just hope it does not take me another 9 Years.
1000 dug silver coins. Speechless. I bet 80 percent of those who pick up a detector get impatient and leave the hobby. I wonder what percentage find 1000 silver coins? You are in an elite group for sure.
Thanks Stiffwrists, your reply opened some thoughts about how many people drop this hobby. I'm very sure lack of success is the biggest reason. Not being patient enough to learn your machine, to let it teach you what its saying. There are an awful lot of very good detectionist out there, most a lot better and much more technical than me. My success I think comes from having a very good ear and a dog attitude of staying the course. Trapper

OUTSTANDING ! A milestone for sure. Huge atta boy ! I'm still working on a hundred and this year hasn't been to productive in that dept. Again congrats Trapper, now go get the next 1,000. By the way, how long did it take ? HH Mark

You are having quite a year Jack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom