• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett ?

Well a few opinions.....

If Garrett wants to survive against the competition they better deliver something different than what they already have. They blew their last chance with the Max.

They new model needs a new design. This AT Pro rehashed housing look is just horrible.

Detector companies are always working on the next model. Back about a month or two one of the Hoover Boy episodes had a secret person that was almost caught on film. My very first thought was a tester. But as I said testing happens all the time.

If it is another entry level detector Garrett will feel the heat for sure. The detecting world wants to be shocked in a good way.

It can be like the AT PRO but better depth. But if like the AT PRO make it easier to change coils. It does NOT have to be Multi Frequencies. Don"t make like the Max noisy, they must have tried to copy Nokta or Deus on that one.

Well a few opinions.....

If Garrett wants to survive against the competition they better deliver something different than what they already have. They blew their last chance with the Max.

They new model needs a new design. This AT Pro rehashed housing look is just horrible.

Detector companies are always working on the next model. Back about a month or two one of the Hoover Boy episodes had a secret person that was almost caught on film. My very first thought was a tester. But as I said testing happens all the time.

If it is another entry level detector Garrett will feel the heat for sure. The detecting world wants to be shocked in a good way.

Yeah Garrett needs to make it balanced the At pro is too nose heavy.
Unfortunately the Max was not an upgrade, and I'm a Garrett fanboy.:lol::yes:

Charles Garrett

Is there a national trade show they all present at each year?

Has probably done more for this hobby over the years than any person or company I know of.

I've used various Garrett models over the years and have no complaints about any of them but when you talk about Garrett you're talking more than a hobby metal detector. Garrett is a diverse AMERICAN company founded by an AMERICAN that pulled himself up by his bootstraps to build what I personally believe is the most successful AMERICAN metal detector company the U.S. has ever seen.

Few others if any in the U.S. have a yearly function (usually in March) to match Garrett as described on Garretts website.

Is Garrett producing a new detector? probably...they've produced more new models for more functions than anyone in the U.S. anyway so why not another new one?

I for one wouldn't hesitate to buy one...might even stick an AMERICAN flag on it...:yes:

Last edited:
I had an ATPro. Then I got the Max and sold the Pro. What a mistake that was. The audio on the Pro was phenomenal. The Max, not so much. I’m excited to see what they have up their sleeves.

I think Garrett gets what most people want, and I'm not sure "most" users are represented on the online forums. Most people that post here often are the exception, they are out every chance they get. This hobby is to them what the guys that live and breath golf is. Those guys buy the hot new club by pre-order. And maybe they can even make use of it.

But most people on the course are not those guys. Most have hand me down clubs, mismatched sets, bags from a yard sale. If they order a set of matching clubs it's a big step up. Most will never even dream of going to blades, they are very happy that the correction clubs they have help lower their score on the weekends they can get out.

I think Garrett gets what most people want, they want easy to use. Good but not too complicated. Options but not overwhelming.

My first detector was a White's coin master, you had to ground balance. It don't remember much about it because I only used it a half dozen times 30 years ago. But I do remember that I thought ground balance was a pain.

When I got my ACE 250 about 2008, I considered the built in ground balance as a huge selling point! I still do in my current ACE 400. But to many of the folks on the forum that is a deal breaker.

I won't be able to get out every week, it may take me months to get 100 hours in on a machine. Like most say you need to, to really know it. But it seems like the learning curve is not as steep with the controls I see on a Garrett.

I would think that more entry and intermediate level machines are sold than high end machine ever will be. I think Garrett hits that part of the market pretty hard. I would love to see what they come up with next, even if I can't make much use of it. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom