Elite Member

Attachments

• GOMB A.jpg
    GOMB A.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 465
  • Gomb B.jpg
    Gomb B.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 396
Nice bottle. And the linked info is interesting. Amazing what potions people drank and smeared on their skin in the old days.

Nice one! Another crazy medicine show quack snake oil remedy I never heard of. They were serious back in them days about embossing their bottles. Great find!

Caustic Balsam? That sounds a bit harsh?

Well..I do know that a nice dollop of mentholated shaving cream jell mixed with "Bag balm" does a fine job of curing Human hemmerhoids and sore throats!!...Maybe I should go into business?

Marketing deploy! Caustic Balsam?...No..lets go with "Dr Muds Pleasant and Refreshing Bum Rush Unguent" :laughing:

Caustic Balsam? That sounds a bit harsh?

Well..I do know that a nice dollop of mentholated shaving cream jell mixed with "Bag balm" does a fine job of curing Human hemmerhoids and sore throats!!...Maybe I should go into business?

Marketing deploy! Caustic Balsam?...No..lets go with "Dr Muds Pleasant and Refreshing Bum Rush Unguent" :laughing:

Lol! :lol: Mud, that "Caustic Balsam" part is what drove me to research this stuff and find out what exactly it was. There was some residue left in the bottle which took some effort to get the syrupy thick gooey mess out. Didn't care for the smell either. :lol:

Lol! :lol: Mud, that "Caustic Balsam" part is what drove me to research this stuff and find out what exactly it was. There was some residue left in the bottle which took some effort to get the syrupy thick gooey mess out. Didn't care for the smell either. :lol:

Thats such a cool find there Glass Hopper! Gotta be some sort of pine/balsam tar turpentine sagebrush mentholatum concoction? Its a wonder what it is and the mix!

Back
Top Bottom