Female Detectorists on the Forum

Sorry to hear that , it's pretty bad when your hitting on someone you do'nt even know .:wow: My motto has always been treat people like you want to be treated yourself . Hope you cleared this problem up Carol would hate to lose any members over something so childish !

Unfortunately most of the ladies don't report it. They just leave, and we find out "after-the-fact"

I don't know why that is, but then it's too late.

So, don't run them off! Sometimes I feel like I'm alone here. :bighanky:

In defense of the web site, I am one of the 5 and love the web site and have never had any disturbing messages from any of the male or female members. You are not alone Carol and are doing a heck of a job. Thanks for watching out for us :)

Been traveling a lot with a new promotion but here I am in the hotel and I must chime in on this. This forum is the best and have always enjoyed the site.
Please don't give the forum a bad name, we are better than that!

You know this whole thing makes me so mad that I want to go kick a bull right in the sack, just to see what happens next.

:laughing: You're a funny guy! A well needed chuckle there. :lol: I agree, though, that some people are just taking up good air space and should be beat over the head and buried in a MD hole. :digginahole: I'll even donate an old Garrett, that nobody seems to want, to beat em with. My Daddy, God rest his soul, taught me to respect all people, especially women.

Anyway, ladies, we love you and need you here.

EKW

It's a Great Forum

A few bad apples don't ruin the forum....so far so good for me, everyone has been great! :friends: I can handle an unwanted flirt if it comes my way. I know why I'm here and am so glad I found it!
I have my own Garden Forum. Most of the gals are active, many guys join just to see who's on it, then after a while they leave, it's common. Shows they weren't interested in gardening at all. There are plenty of date sites to go to!
It can be tougher on the gals to keep up with the hobby when they have a family, home and maybe another job to fill up their free time. And the guys in their lives certainly would appreciate if their women went MDing with a female buddy, because you just never know who's who out there. Even going out on my own I have to keep in a very public place but sure wish I could hit some more private areas, just wouldn't be wise to go alone these days, sad as it is.
Thanks to all of the Ad-mins for doing a great job! :wincup:

Who ever it is, must of gone way way beyond a G-rated conversation, not smart on a mostly family and general public forums.

This forum is pg-13, at least! :D

It's not like most women can run down to the tot-lot while hubby cooks dinner or gets the kids ready for little league:lol:

I'm a hubby that cooks. My wife won't let me go out detecting unless I cook! Lol!

Oh man I can hear it now, Hey baby with our Garretts and those belltones we could make beautifull music together. :laughing:

Unfortunately most of the ladies don't report it. They just leave, and we find out "after-the-fact"

I don't know why that is, but then it's too late.

So, don't run them off! Sometimes I feel like I'm alone here. :bighanky:

Don't worry, I don't just leave because someone is annoying. Really appreciate this great website and all of the information!

Maybe make a sticky for the females that says something like internet forums lend themselves to anonymity and with this many males on the forum, a bad apple is bound to break the forum rules and make a lady feel uncomfortable. We will not tolerate that on this forum, and would appreciate your help in stopping this, by letting us know. We want to prevent this.

These guys are online predators and shouldn't be allowed to be a part of our friendly community. In my book these guys are on the same level as a Pedophile.

Men making clumsy and unwanted advances on women. Predator? Pedophile? God help me. Obviously this activity should be actively discouraged here (as thankfully, it seems to be) but, IMO, saying that sort of thing minimizes real online predators who endanger our children and are a true scourge. Let's not lose the thread of this post.... Disrespecting others, especially a group that we certainly want in the hobby, should be disrespectful to us all. YMMV.

Men making clumsy and unwanted advances on women. Predator? Pedophile? God help me. Obviously this activity should be actively discouraged here (as thankfully, it seems to be) but, IMO, saying that sort of thing minimizes real online predators who endanger our children and are a true scourge. Let's not lose the thread of this post.... Disrespecting others, especially a group that we certainly want in the hobby, should be disrespectful to us all. YMMV.
Exactly!
This is the type of hype that makes my other hobby difficult and that is photography in public. I have only had one encounter with some parents about their kids in park, the people came after I had set up my shot and then proceed to call be a pedo because they and they kids came along. I ill not go into the dispute but I got the shot, they got the hint.

Oh man I can hear it now, Hey baby with our Garretts and those belltones we could make beautifull music together. :laughing:
Or baby I got the big 24 inch coil you would love to use.
Jeez man I havent ever thought about PMing the females in here. Beyond greeting them in the Im new here and maybe answering a question if I can, I dont see any reason beyond that to communicate with them.

Without trying to beat a dead horse into the ground here. saying that sort of thing minimizes real online predators The statement wasn't meant to minimize anything, in fact it was made to place these individuals into the same category as real online predators who and are a true scourge. IMHO. I find it absolutely unacceptable to give a guy break of any kind on this forum if his intention is to harass, stalk, chase after or whatever the case may be, any of the female members here. Keep in mind that this forum does or did have female members that are underage............ Of course, my thinking tends to be a little extreme at times.

I agree with keeping a forum clean of such things, but to label any moron who hits on a woman in an online forum, a "predator" is pretty ridiculous. They may be many things. Stupid, pathetic, desperate and chickenshit among other things. They may be a "woman's man", you know with the bling bling. I don't know what was said in the PM's, but maybe the guy(s) thought he was being smooth.

Once again I'll say that victim did the right thing by reporting this and the owners/admins did the right thing by bringing it into the public. A lot of times once something is in the open the activity will stop. If not, then make the name public. Make his comments public while keeping the victim anonymous. If it persists then just ban the persons making the unwanted advances.

Just my 2 cents.

Guess you cant just have a nice place to hang out and talk about our hobby no more. Its a shame that people have to do that kind of stuff.

groundsnooper..if ok im going to send my wife your direction she is new to this hobby and would like to get to know some of the other females in the group to discuss this hobby. AND she loves to garden so then you can get her to your garden site as well. PM me if thats ok..thanks, MIKE

I've not done this here, know that up front. I will generalize though that especially older men can quickly compliment a lady over their eyes, etc., and it's not meant as a hit. Old guys are used to flirting and getting away with it...many ladies find it charming from al oldster. I for sure won't do that here, if I even had the urge. jm2c. martin

Back
Top Bottom