• Forum server maintanace tomorrow night.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Water hunting with Sharks

I have been scuba diving for about 15 years. I know that sharks sense the electrical pulses made by there prey and that's the main way of locating food. Understand that these pulses are very small. I also remember a documentary on using higher electrical fields to repel sharks from attacking people and objects (old navy doc.) I would guess that the high-energy pulses coming from the coils might interfere with the shark?s sense of smell, as it is, and provide a type of shark repellant. Interesting idea but, do not know if I will test it or not. Maybe if I go back to the Bahamas on another shark feeding frenzy dive I may just have to take a long a detector and see. Any volunteers to help test it out???? I need someone to hold the bait :D

Cladius said:
glenny you pay for the trip and I'll buy the bait! :D

Cladius... You're bringing the bait..... smear a little can of sardines on your EXII and you should be all set to go :D

Just a thought. I have been an avid fisherman since I was able to hold a rod. I used to go on shark trips offshore, and part of the technique was putting out a chum slick. My boat was equipped with both high and low frequency sonar, which would be running constantly. The sonar never bothered the sharks. I think it's principle is the closest to a metal detector that I know of. If I remember correctly, the frequencies were 20 Khz and 200 Khz.

you got cladius, let me get my detector and dig up some more clad and will be on our way :D look there's a penny, oh look a dime, how much for copper wire nowdays???? :lol:

Hey hey no ganging up! Well establisshed fact that sharks want divers that taste good not divers with good taste! That protects me. cladius.

You don't hafta worry about me, Angel.
Crocs in Maine? Akuna Matata! (no worries!) :D

I remember that Craig and they couldn't get the bugger back to sea and were protecting it. Krom I remember a movie about giant crocks in Maine. They was feeding em cows. :shock:

I know the one you're talkin' about, Cladius, I have it in my movie library. Some ol' lady was keeping it alive in a lake.
I wonder what brilliant Hollywood producer thought that one up. :lol:

i spent 4 years in key west while i was in the navy. whenever i was in the water baracuda were a much bigger threat than sharks.

I was in Key west a couple winters myself them cuda used to follow you around like dogs. If you didn't wear anything shiny you were alright. There used to be a big one over at fish pier that was about 5 foot long. They called him old joe or sumpin like that. I never saw any one get hit by one but did see a girl chewed up by Blue fish. There were a couple of salt water crocs a couple of keys back that were more of a concern to me. Cladius.

Ya Krom I think it was Betty White and if I remember she wasn't shy with her language. Cladius.

Oh, wow... I think you're right on th' money, Cladius (without actually diggin' it out to check)... an' you're right, she's not a shy woman! :lol:

If we had 'em up here, Glenny, you could have 'em all (my share, anyway)! :lol:

Gator tail is yummy... had some at a game dinner... Shark is great as well just like swordfish...

Think the only thing I haven't tried is cat or dog.. But I have a friend who tried cat and he said it was stringy :D

I've had 'em both, Craig.
Both cat an' dog are good (with the right wine, that is... rice :D). I wouldn't want to hafta survive on it, but it's not bad... if you don't think about it too long... and if you've had enough wine. :D
Yes... shark is very good... expensive up here, but very good (also use a white wine).

Cfmct-PI said:
Gator tail is yummy... had some as a game dinner... Shark is great as well just like swordfish...

Think the only thing I haven't tried is cat or dog.. But I have a friend who tried cat and he said it was stringy :D

Dog meat is a bit too rough for me.... :P :D

Back
Top Bottom