Forced Out of the Gold Zone

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Yesterday, the calmer winds that we’ve had for a few days ended and they started coming stronger and onshore which roughened the surf. Low tide was around 4pm and I wanted to out so I did. When I got to the beach and saw the surf I said “Oh well, let’s just see what happens and give it a go”. Normally, I would’ve turned around and headed back to the car and gone to a different beach. I was out just over 2 hours before low tide and it was a rough going. I was slapped in the face and slammed on the side of the head many times over the 4 hours that I hunted. (Especially when I took my eyes off the ocean to survey some inappropriate bathing suits :shock:). In the 1st hour I came across an area that the greenies started flowing and what I thought was a junk ring. I worked that area over and over and picked up what maybe the deepest sinker I’ve ever retrieved. I was now really hopeful that the yellow would appear! As I hunted, I saw a female pirate working the wet sand and near shore and passed another pirate working the same line from the shore I was working. About 2 hours into the hunt I got to my target area. Again, the greenies showed up! Knowing the area I was in I was highly confident that if I worked it well I would leave with a score. The problem was that the tide was coming in and the surf was getting rougher. It was getting extremely difficult to stay in that area and work the targets. I saw 2 other pirates nearby. I finally couldn’t do the “detecting ballet” anymore and had to come in. The other 2 pirates came in as well and we met up and chatted. One of the other pirates had scored, but what really intrigued me is that the other pirate told me about a guy that had an epic hunt where we were yesterday under much calmer conditions. That area was now unworkable so I spent the last hour of the hunt working my way back. That’s when the interesting copper ring with a picture of a knight on it and Portuguese writing showed up. Today, I took out my finds, since I got home at night yesterday, and was surprised to find that my “junk” ring is marked “STERLING”. Pretty cool and I think that may be my 1st ring marked as such ever. No yellow yesterday but I learned I could still manage to hunt in rougher conditions and still enjoy myself. The silver ring and $6.23 for a heavily hunted South Beach hunt is not too shabby either! :yes:

Attachments

• 2-18-18.jpg
    2-18-18.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 2-18-18 Rings.jpg
    2-18-18 Rings.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 357
Hi Felix,
Saw you out in the waves yesterday (i was the female pirate!).
I didn't find any gold either but did find a cool 925 well worn class ring from a school in Latvia. My husband was also hunting and only found a titanium ring. He did have some people pull him from hunting the water to help try and find a nice ring a woman lost on the sand but no luck, i even looked for a while. We dont think the woman lost the ring where she thought she did as we searched the area thoroughly. The womans husband showed his ring (they had a matching pair) and it was a beautiful large emerald about 3/4" by 1/2" mounted on what looked like 22k gold (They were from India or somewhere near). I will say if someone finds that ring in the sand they will really score something special. I
agree there are a lot of pirates out there but that beach was so busy the losses have to be pretty big. Always enjoy reading your posts :bling:
Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Attachments

• IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_2023.jpg
    IMG_2023.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2024.jpg
    IMG_2024.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 338
Looks like everyone had a good time. And good job Felix on the ruff water, a challenge for sure. I am betting Gary D got the big 22k gold. He seems to know all the secrets to finding the extraordinaire treasure ..:sarcastic:

Hi Felix,Saw you out in the waves yesterday (i was the female pirate!)...I agree there are a lot of pirates out there but that beach was so busy the losses have to be pretty big. Always enjoy reading your posts. Laissez les bon temps rouler!
Thanks! Next time I see you we'll have a chat. Who was you husband? Was he the pirate that was heading south as I went north that was wearing a mask and snorkel looking in the water as he hunted? I think I crossed you both around the same time. Yes, I think there were a lot of deposits made yesterday! I had 2 guys come up to me. One had just lost his Ray Ban Aviators and another had lost prescription glasses 2 days before. I am sure a lot of sunglasses were slammed off peoples heads yesterday. :yes: I think your Latvia ring is pretty cool!

Oh blip. Felix gets hijacked by another pirate. :laughing:
Its Ok, we've met before so we're practically family! :lol:

Felix... have you ever tried making tea out of those Felix pennies? Inquiring minds would like to know...

Dang! What are you swinging? It’s cool that you can chat with other detectorists. Any time I try to talk to another they sense me and quickly shuffle off. All I wanna do is meet others. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix... have you ever tried making tea out of those Felix pennies? Inquiring minds would like to know...
That's a great idea to get some extra minerals and nutrients such as zinc!

Looks like your creating "Team Felix" Felix:lol:
Maybe you should make a shirt.
I already got the design too! I'll be offering them in nice long sleeve dri-fit as well!! :lol:

Attachments

• Felix Tattoo Scan 2.jpg
    Felix Tattoo Scan 2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom