Baton Rouge La.

Hello. I am in Vicksburg but travel to New Orleans and Baton Rouge most weekends. I would be very interested in meeting up and doing some huntin. Let me know if you would be interested. Thanks Marc

PM Sent.

John

Any good sites for me to hit this Saturday? it will be my official "first time"

John

interested let me know time and place. Thanks

OK guys, do you want to go to Lafayette and meet up with Planerie? I haven't been out yet and he knows of some places there. We can do our part and help clean the planet of trash and maybe get lucky. :)

hey preston, didn't you say you knew some guys around zachary that may have some good spots?

What we need is some good plantation homes near the river!!

hey guys, Im in abita springs area, would love to get some hunts going with you guys.. I have not been out other than detecting on my property, but been doing research for awhile on louisiana for good areas to hunt..

I have old maps from 17 and 1800's including a very early map with incampments, towns and settlements.

im out of town atm, but come october ill be ready to roll.

Jay

Yes there is a guy that lives around Zachary who has some property around the civil war battles. Most of the really good places I have to hunt here are more fall, winter hunting spots. The greenery, snakes and most of all mosquitos are horrible right now so once it cools down we can hit them pretty hard. If anyone has any spots let us know and we can plan some stuff out. I was even thinking of forming some sort of MDing club for central Louisiana and we can have monthly meetings and hunts. If you guys are interested let me know. I will be out of town from Sep 26th till around Oct 15th upgrading all the bases in Missouri so that would give us pleanty of time to get things organized. If you guys are interested send me an email at [email protected] or send me PM and I will give you my cell number.

Preston

PS: rivvers you need to hook us up with some hunts or if you have any old maps of the Lafayette, St Martinville, New Ibera area maybe you could scan and email me some sections and I can do some research also.

I like to think of myself also as a relocation expert... 95% trash :D and 5% goodies :shock:
My little part to help the environment.

Count me in on meetings and events.

John

I'm looking to get some extra things for my ACE 250 and needed some advise from you guys that have been doing this longer. I don't have a pinpointer but I was also wanting to get a bigger coil. Something like the 8.5 x 11 DD or the 9 x 12 coil. my system came with the 6.5 x 9

So would my cash be better spent on a pinpointer or coil? If a coil would the DD be a better choice over the 9 x 12? I can't do both and I trust your opinion.

John

well im still new to this myself, but with the little hunting i have done, pinpointer seems like it would be worth its weight in gold. maybe post on the help section and you will get better answer's

gl

I'm looking to get some extra things for my ACE 250 and needed some advise from you guys that have been doing this longer. I don't have a pinpointer but I was also wanting to get a bigger coil. Something like the 8.5 x 11 DD or the 9 x 12 coil. my system came with the 6.5 x 9

So would my cash be better spent on a pinpointer or coil? If a coil would the DD be a better choice over the 9 x 12? I can't do both and I trust your opinion.

John

Well you could get both. Harbor Freight has a pinpointer for $20 and works pretty good (I use it) and then get a coil. I have been looking for a larger coil myself. Not many options for a BH though I can go with the 10" BH coil or the 9x11 DD coil from Fisher but they are not cheap lol.

Well you could get both. Harbor Freight has a pinpointer for $20 and works pretty good (I use it) and then get a coil. I have been looking for a larger coil myself. Not many options for a BH though I can go with the 10" BH coil or the 9x11 DD coil from Fisher but they are not cheap lol.

Wow I didn't know Harbor Freight had something like that. I may take a look.

Thanks.

And thanks for your thoughts as well rrivers

Count me in, I currently live in Vicksburg, travel to New Orleans and Baton Rouge almost every weekend. Will be moving to New orleans in a few weeks. I would love to do a group hunt sometime soon. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom