• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1st coin cashe!

Diggerjonny

Elite Member
short hunt today at an old park prob been around since the 1940’s. All the play equipment was removed years ago. I was working a signal under where the old metal slide was. It wasnt the best signal,but i had pulled two silvers outta this spot last yr. 1st a nail came out,then the signal got really good. 33 wheat cents in a small coin purse. 😎. Oldest is a 1919,newest is a 1955.

Attachments

• B47A7C26-2084-46BF-9ABA-610E7A028882.jpg
    B47A7C26-2084-46BF-9ABA-610E7A028882.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 773
  • 3B079609-4D90-49F0-BE94-4A279856E525.jpg
    3B079609-4D90-49F0-BE94-4A279856E525.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 672
  • 43A6A9A9-8C60-4DFB-8625-FDBB27FAA69F.jpg
    43A6A9A9-8C60-4DFB-8625-FDBB27FAA69F.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 705
Excellent. What were you thinking during the few moments before you opened the purse? It looks like you might have been able to tell it had coins inside.

Excellent. What were you thinking during the few moments before you opened the purse? It looks like you might have been able to tell it had coins inside.

I stopped and sat down. I said to myself, this could be full of silvers. I waited like 45 mins before i ever looked inside. Had to calm myself down

Now that will ruin your Silver to Wheat ratio real fast. Still a very welcomed recovery. Congrats John on digging a full Coin Purse. Trapper

It's good to see that somebody, somewhere, is able to find something like this. Sorry to hear there were no silvers, but glad to see they were all wheats, and no memorials or other modern clad! Very cool dig! I don't suppose there was a rusty steel one in there?

It's good to see that somebody, somewhere, is able to find something like this. Sorry to hear there were no silvers, but glad to see they were all wheats, and no memorials or other modern clad! Very cool dig! I don't suppose there was a rusty steel one in there?

Thank you. Prob something ever detecterist dreams about is finding a complete purse. No steel pennies.

Congrats on a really awesome find! I'd love to find a small change purse filled with coins like that someday.

Man that hurts. I know the feeling though. I have also come across a coin purse full of wheats and only wheats. 50 total in my purse. Quite a let down for what it could be and for how few times one detectorist might find something like this. But a great find still not many will have. I posted mine here if you want to check it out. Good luck to you in the future.

Nice find. I see you have a 1955 D wheat penny. Some of those were double struck and very valuable.

When I was about 6 years old I got a 55 D double die as change. I thought it was interesting, but put it in my pocket and later spent it. Really wish I'd kept it as its worth a lot now!

33 cents back in 1955 would have around the same purchasing power of 3 dollars today.
Thinking that was probably a kid’s coin purse. Cool find!

OUTSTANDING FIND ! You are right, probably every coinshooter has imagined/ dreamed of finding a full coin purse. I know I have. A once in a lifetime find, again congrats. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom