New to metal detecting. Is my detector malfunctioning?

The Tracker IV is an old time favorite of mine! It has 3 modes-a/m, normal discriminate, and tone discrimination. By setting it on tone and rotating the dial from off position until a nickel gives a solid low tone, you will have a fairly accurate form of notch discrimination! Nickels/large foil will give a low tone, old style tabs and aluminum will give a broken hi/lo tone, and clad a high tone! And setting the sensitivity at 3/4 will give some great depth in normal ground. My FIFTH one was stolen and on some sites I really miss it!:cool:
AND it is a product of a great mind- George Payne- a pioneer in technology!

Just ordered it on amazon, i'm excited :D.

Also, the air test wasn't accurate it seems. I buried something 7 inches down and it was able to pick it up.. idk lol

I've never owned a Tracker iv but a friend at work wanted to start out simple and cheap so I recommended it based on years of reading posts on it. He wasn't sure about it so we went to a local park to hunt together. I was very impressed with it. We traded machines for a whill and I enjoyed using it tremendously. I found a three coin spill within a couple of minutes. Learn it and it will serve you well. Save all your clad in a coffee can and fund your next upgrade.

HH,
Henry

I sincerely apologize if you took my response as unfriendly. Probably just my Aspergers kicking in and being direct. I have a tendency to see only the black and white. Again, I apologize.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I like direct. no misunderstanding. no wishy-washy maybes...etc. just as long as tact is used that's ok with me. :-) to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom