pinpointer

Bobwillhunt

Need some help. I need to buy a new pinpointer and was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think is the best out there. I would like it to be small enough to put in my back pocket.My Whites Bullseye quit working. Thanks

Just sent my white's pinpointer in today to get fixed they weren't too particular about warranty im guessing because there is such a big problem with the switches...just a thought

thanks

Thanks OZ. It is the switch because I started playing with it after reading your post and sure enough if I push hard enough it will work.

I would suggest the Vibraprobe560. Good all around hand held with no controls to fail and is water resistant.

I have a Vibraprobe and BullseyeII and feel the BII is better. Whites will fix the switch regardless of warrenty. And, they use a different switch. It feels more solid, but only time will tell.

If anyone is interested in building this pinpointer the model # of the metal sensor is incorrect, it is: "GPD-902" and can be ordered from Lowes $12.28 plus tax.

we have both a Bullseye and a Vibra-Probe ... the Vibra-Probe would be somewhat more uncomfortable to carry around in a back pocket .... I believe it is built stronger than the Bullseye and it does have a belt sheath available that I've found works well .... the Bullseye will pick up a target at a bit longer distance than the Vibra-Probe and can be used in sound or vibration mode, it also has a small light aimed at the end of its pointer ... the Bullseye would fit easier into a back pocket but you'd sure have to be careful about not sitting down with it in your pocket .... having used both, they both work really well, my personal preference is for the Probe while my wife prefers the Bullseye

Jim

Has anyone had a problem with the Vibraprobe going off continually? I have changed batteries 3 times but it keeps buzzing when it is down in mid air. When I turn it upwards it stops. Is this a disfunction? Tony help!!!!!

Has anyone had a problem with the Vibraprobe going off continually? I have changed batteries 3 times but it keeps buzzing when it is down in mid air. When I turn it upwards it stops. Is this a disfunction? Tony help!!!!!

what is the tip of the probe near when it is down .... I've learned the hard way that if near metal (pocket change, jacket zipper, or the like) it will keep going off ... once early on I quickly learned that I caused my own frustration at not being able to locate metal in the dirt in a cloth I was holding in the palm of my hand .... turned out the probe was reading my wedding band !!!:duh:

Jim

It goes off in midair. Nothing near it, thought the battery was going so I changed it 3 times and it still did it when pointed down. Keep in mind I have been using this for a few months so I am familiar with what it did feel like when it was normal. This stops vibrating when it is turned upwards, opposite of what it should do. Turn it downwards and it does not stop vibrating. Weird:?:

Back
Top Bottom