Hi I am interested in underground storage

Chance favors the prepared mind!! one can never be too prepared in a rapid and steadily decreacing enviroment... Sad but true...

Nothing wrong with prepping....just like nothing wrong with MDing....hmmm.....prep away!

Chance favors the prepared mind!! one can never be too prepared in a rapid and steadily decreacing enviroment... Sad but true...
All I need is toilet paper. Thanks to the internet and cable TV, they,re more nuts than ever out there anymore. Who in there right mind would want to live in a hole eating beanie weenies and sardines for 20 years and no shower for your wife..................

All I need is toilet paper. Thanks to the internet and cable TV, they,re more nuts than ever out there anymore. Who in there right mind would want to live in a hole eating beanie weenies and sardines for 20 years and no shower for your wife..................

Uh I dont know mabey Bin Laden!!! :lol::lol:

You could put a large, tinfoil hat over it. Don't think most people dig big foil signals.

I dig foil.
Hats, especially...got a set for the whole family.

Attachments

• tin.jpg
    tin.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 230
Maybe this would work?

Bury stuff in PVC pipe with the caps glued on. Make sure the top of the buried object is about 48" below surface. Carefully cover it up, making sure that all the different colored dirt is put in the hole first. Let the ground settle for a year or so. Save up as many ring pulls as you can. Go to the local brake shop and beg, borrow or buy some brake turnings. Roto till in the pulls and turnings in a 10' x10' "garden" over your treasure. Just make sure that the "garden" isn't centered over the treasure.

Two thoughts: This will make some highly mineralized soil over your cache, and FYI, i once poured some iron filings on my lawn, and had to mow that spot every week, once I watered it. The grass really grew fast.
Hope this helps,
John Morton

Seems like every generation has a boogie man. The 50's through the 80's it was the Russians. 90's , till now- terrorists, taliban, . Future our neighbors , and those are who are not prepared. Sounds like complete fear mongering to me. I bet if you stop reading papers, watching news , etc.. You wouldn't stress about this . Sounds like a waste of time and money.

Wow ...... Had the jews prepared for some type of catastrophe there would have been far less murdered during the Holocaust. A place to hide for them would not have been a waste of time and money. Nothing ever happens to us it is always someone else, but when that once in a lifetime event does happen, to late to wish then, that you had been prepared. The US will never be over taken by an enemy foreign or domestic!!!! Famous last words!! No one who ever witnessed the fall of an empire, ever thought it would happen in their lifetime. Just keep fiddling and ignore the fact that Rome is burning. The fire as some point ends up at your back door, to bad you want have a water hose to put it out.

Store it up. Prepare. You can always eat the food and drink the water just before it expires. Just think worse case scenario you will have a couple of years supplies put back that is already paid for. No waste of money if you manage it right, and preparing for catastrophe's is never a waste of time.

Besides the best case scenario, if you do not prepare, is nothing will ever happen, worse case it does and you are not prepared.

Please, don't misunderstand me, I am not on the attack at all, and Hopefully nothing will ever happen that would require prepping, but we can't sit back in apathy. I do not believe that the world is going to end on December the 21st of this year, but any number of natural catastrophe's could take place at anytime, the dollar could collapse. Look at the 1930's depression. Anything could happen.

Living in Florida for the past 25 years or so, I'v seen some catastrophes, preppers, and the aftermath. Each year, we are bombarded with encouragement to prepare for Hurricane Season, all the things we should run out and buy and stock up on. The days before a named storm comes anywhere near, again we are encouraged to buy, and stock up. The stores are always packed with people, some are reasonable, some to the extreme (two or three shopping carts). It's rare, when the storms do mass damage, whole communities destroyed. Seldom takes more than a day for the storm to pass over, and restoration begins soon after. Never gone a two days without electricity myself, some about a week, few longer. Water and basic supplies are usually made available, soon as the roads are cleared. For the most part, the chaos before the storm, the frenzied hoarding of supplies, is worse than the actual storm damage. If your home is destroyed, or you choose to evacuate, there is only so much stuff you can carry with you. Mostly, I prepare for the preppers, to avoid the crowded stores, since weekly grocery needs will be a pain to shop for, might not get what I want or need.

For those who prep, because the anticipate the fall of society, or invasion (domestic, foreign, or extraterrestrial), why would you advertise you prepping, show off your supplies and shelters? Those who didn't prep, will be looking for those who did, for the supplies, shelter, or to trade the information for their own lives or safety. How long can you really survive hiding in a hole in the ground? You'll want to get out, you'll need to go out. How many of your party stays, how many is a safe number to go out and forage or explore? It would seem like secrecy would be very important to your success. The economy fails, shortages of food, medicines, and supplies, I'd have to guess that hoarders would be encouraged to share, maybe not so politely either. Would you really fight your local government and community, to the last bullet, to keep your hoard?

Really don't think it's all going to end overnight, there will be weeks, or months to prepare for the specific threat, otherwise it probably won't make a huge difference anyway. Being prepared for most things, presumes that everything will get back on track eventually. All the supplies you stockpile, will eventually be depleted. Your going to have to learn to live in a new world eventually. I figure to just adapt the situation, and make do with what I have on hand, and what I can scavenge, best chance to survive.

I prepare for the preppers, to avoid the crowded stores, since weekly grocery needs will be a pain to shop for, might not get what I want or need.

It would seem like secrecy would be very important to your success. The economy fails, shortages of food, medicines, and supplies, I'd have to guess that hoarders would be encouraged to share, maybe not so politely either. Would you really fight your local government and community, to the last bullet, to keep your hoard?

Great points you make, and for those who prep now they won't have to contend with the foragers. A years worth of supplies may get you over the worst and could be the difference between life or death if you have to fight for it.

Secrecy is the bottom line. You have to think of your family first. They would be my priority. I have kids and they are first, and yes I would fight anyone for my family and kids even the government and community if I had to.

People should learn a lesson from the way ants live. They have no leader, chief, or ruler, but they store up their food during the summer, getting ready for winter.

Great points you make, and for those who prep now they won't have to contend with the foragers. A years worth of supplies may get you over the worst and could be the difference between life or death if you have to fight for it.

Secrecy is the bottom line. You have to think of your family first. They would be my priority. I have kids and they are first, and yes I would fight anyone for my family and kids even the government and community if I had to.

People should learn a lesson from the way ants live. They have no leader, chief, or ruler, but they store up their food during the summer, getting ready for winter.

I like the way you think...

Mike

Ants do have a leader, the queen. They depend on her direction, and will die shortly after she is removed...

The Queen ant has no control over the masses... She is only there for reproduction. The colony goes about it's day with no orders from her other than feeding her.

Mr. 40acre1870 you are 100% correct.

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_ant

An established colony
Leafcutter ant (Atta colombica) queen with larvae and workers on substrate.

The term "queen" is not particularly apt, as the queen ant has very little control over the colony as a whole. She has no known authority or decision-making control; instead her sole function is to reproduce. Therefore the queen is best understood as the reproductive element of a colony rather than a leader.

Back
Top Bottom