• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

4 RING RETURN! Amazing Experience

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
I hit the beach and was working some nice erosion. As I headed back to my truck a man in his 20's approaches me and he looks pretty down. He says his wife lost her wedding ring earlier in the day and asked if I could help. OF COURSE I CAN HELP~! Would love to. As we head over to the location I notice the wife with her arms folded looking miserable. I said "How are you doing?" No response from the woman. She was falling apart. So he tells me the story. 5 hours earlier she had put 4 rings in a bag to make sure she didn't lose them. 2 Silver rings from her friend, her gold wedding band, and her diamond engagement ring. When she left the beach she shook out the blanket (and bag?) and went home. She realized NO RINGS when she got home and drove back to the beach fearing the worst. Using their hands they sifted the entire area with no luck. The husband brought a stud finder thinking that might locate the rings :D They had given up when they saw me down the beach.

By now there was a small crowd of on-lookers. I said let me grid the area. My first hit, SILVER RING! She couldn't believe it. Second hit, the other SILVER RING! They were getting super excited. 3rd hit, zinc penny. 4th hit, gold wedding band! a few moments later I got a nice signal, about 3-4 inches deep I pulled out the diamond ring. She grabbed the ring, went to her knees and put her hands to her face, and cried. After a few minutes, she jumped up and gave me a huge bear hug. They asked if they could give me a reward and I said this experience was reward enough. She told me the diamond in her ring was the same diamond from her grandmother's ring, irreplaceable. She gave me another hug, ecstatic the rings were found. She said I hope you have something amazing happen to you.

I have found some really cool finds, but I have never experienced something like this. I'm still on cloud 9. The good that we can do with a metal detector.

I took a pic with the couple and left. When I got home I found out that my Nox 600 which wasn't supposed to be here until Monday arrived early!

HH everyone!

Attachments

• 4 RINGS.jpg
    4 RINGS.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 666
Superb story. Another Sherlock Holmes "whodunnit mystery" solved by an md'r. A great re-union story. Thanx for taking us along.

Yuuuuup!

You just had the experience that money cannot buy.

Now when you read discussions about whether or not to expect rewards you can just smile to yourself.

THAT'S how it's done! A lot of guys would think, 'H3ll, four rings, yeah, I deserve a reward!' YOU, are a good man!

R5

Awesome story and experience.
I just helped someone recover his wedding band from the surf.
Unfortunately, he wanted to give me the hug, not the wife!!!! LOL

Awesome story and recovery. That was great and well done. I know that feeling first hand and I can say it is quite good. You got some good karma your way!

I know the feeling. Seeing some one go from desperation to elation in a few seconds is an awesome sight.

:dingding: That might be the most memorable hunt you will ever have. MAJOR congrats!

Ahh, that's great, lovely story!
Great story.
Nice job!
Killer job. Great story
Super cool! Amazing story, way to go!
Wow! That is just awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing such a great story with us.
Great story and a greater day. Thanks for sharing.
congrats! that is awesome!
Superb story. Another Sherlock Holmes "whodunnit mystery" solved by an md'r. A great re-union story. Thanx for taking us along.

Definitely a fun moment for me and put a whole new spin on this hobby. I am still elated at the experience and hope for many more encounters like this down the road. The definition of "treasure" takes on a whole new meaning.

I know the feeling. Seeing some one go from desperation to elation in a few seconds is an awesome sight.

Indeed, the emotion was very high when I walked up. Diffused instantly when I found that first ring.

Yuuuuup!
You just had the experience that money cannot buy.
Now when you read discussions about whether or not to expect rewards you can just smile to yourself.

Indeed, a reward would have ruined the experience. Unless I'm dead broke I'm keeping the memory and feeling of it all.

THAT'S how it's done! A lot of guys would think, 'H3ll, four rings, yeah, I deserve a reward!' YOU, are a good man!

R5

Ha! Just trying to make this hobby more respectable :p

Awesome story and experience.
I just helped someone recover his wedding band from the surf.
Unfortunately, he wanted to give me the hug, not the wife!!!! LOL

LOL. Not gonna lie, the long hug was a tad bit uncomfortable with the husband watching on. Better her than a dude I guess :lol:

Awesome story and recovery. That was great and well done. I know that feeling first hand and I can say it is quite good. You got some good karma your way!

Thank you, the experience was all I needed. But a little extra luck the next time out wouldn't hurt :)

:dingding: That might be the most memorable hunt you will ever have. MAJOR congrats!

Absolutely and thank you. Such a cool experience I won't ever forget.

Another great return story, you are all on a roll lately. Hopefully you'll find a nice honker thats not claimed next.

Back
Top Bottom