Rained Out...

wvdave107

Elite Member
Got off early and hit up the local park...after about 20 minutes it opened up. Yep...More rain. Guess it's not going to stop....Hope ya'll are having better luck with the weather than I am.:mad:

Wish I liked the rain more since there are fewer people out in the parks when it’s bad weather. Thinking of playing hooky from work next time it hits 70☀️here. Winter has been dispiriting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have caught myself looking at the radar on my phone for gaps in the clouds. Sometimes you can get ahead of it and get a brief window to hunt . Other times heading south or north cans do the trick .
But ya .. when you have the itch it sure sucks when you can't scratch .
Hope you have a window of opportunity this weekend .
, Dew

My weather has been gorgeous but my finds have been miserable. My last two trips have yielded exactly one dollar in clad. That's one dollar for 7 hours of detecting. But the weather has been beautiful. Yes you have been getting more than your share of rain. Of course when i was up there on Monday the 12th i woke up to find 2 inches of snow on my car

My weather has been gorgeous but my finds have been miserable. My last two trips have yielded exactly one dollar in clad. That's one dollar for 7 hours of detecting. But the weather has been beautiful. Yes you have been getting more than your share of rain. Of course when i was up there on Monday the 12th i woke up to find 2 inches of snow on my car

The Weather has been screwed up this winter. Was 80 degrees on Tue. and has been near 60/ 70 everyday since, but with rain...Would rather it be cold and snow then warm and clear up to stay for Spring....LOL

The Weather has been screwed up this winter. Was 80 degrees on Tue. and has been near 60/ 70 everyday since, but with rain...Would rather it be cold and snow then warm and clear up to stay for Spring....LOL

All the rain that you are getting slides right up and over my area so I feel your pain. I think we are going to pay for this warmth with a major snow event in March!

It's been raining a lot here too. I've been able to get in a couple of short hunts since the snow melted last week. Also I have noticed that the ground seems to really "lite up" being as wet as it is, my ATP seems to chatter a lot more when the ground is full of moisture. Those dimes and quarters really ring out though in wet ground.

HDD

It'll get better. It's already starting to green up! Out in the woods, those old Russian Olives already have leaves coming out. Better luck in the days to come.

It was 70 and nice a few days ago, but I was at work. It has been cold and rainy since then.. almost a constant drizzle.. crappy weather.. Soon though, soon.. weather will be nice.. I hope.. :roll:

It's been raining a lot here too. I've been able to get in a couple of short hunts since the snow melted last week. Also I have noticed that the ground seems to really "lite up" being as wet as it is, my ATP seems to chatter a lot more when the ground is full of moisture. Those dimes and quarters really ring out though in wet ground.

HDD

Funny you made the comment about the chatter. I posted a question about that in another thread. My ATP is screaming at my "trashy" park. I guess it's because of the conductivity with the moisture. Even on a dry day there are tons of pull tabs and other junk. Can't hardly swing my coil without getting a hit....

I feel your pain, wv. I've been off work all week, and the temps have been nice - as much as 65-70 earlier in the week - but it's rained every single day since Sunday night, not really stopping for more than the time it took to load my gear into the car. I know 'cuz I did it 3 times through the course of the week in the hopes of getting out for at least a brief hunt, only to have it start raining again before I could even back out of the driveway! I'm guessing that the rain will stop right about the same time that my work schedule blows up again! :roll:

Got off early and hit up the local park...after about 20 minutes it opened up. Yep...More rain. Guess it's not going to stop....Hope ya'll are having better luck with the weather than I am.:mad:

Well let's see - 34 degrees winds approaching 30 mph it is sunny and ground is hard as a rock from previous temps not getting above 25. Doesn't matter bad weather is bad weather. Always have tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom