Equinox on gold chain in salt water!!!! WOW!!!

My question is what was the vdi on the chain? If it hit the same as a pulltab then it might not be so great after all...
I can avoid pulltabs, for the most part, with the excal. And for anyone saying if you skip targets you are loosing gold, come play in my waters for a day, there are pulltabs at least every five feet from shore going out to deeper than you can detect standing up, and they get renourished every weekend...

My question is what was the vdi on the chain? If it hit the same as a pulltab then it might not be so great after all...
I can avoid pulltabs, for the most part, with the excal. And for anyone saying if you skip targets you are loosing gold, come play in my waters for a day, there are pulltabs at least every five feet from shore going out to deeper than you can detect standing up, and they get renourished every weekend...

It looked like it was hitting on 1/2

Best of wishes to those carrying a tank like the Etrac or crazy priced CTX....but for me, i'll save on the chiropractic bills and buy the Equinox lol :laughing::laughing:

Matt
there is nothing wrong with e-trac not that heavy just gotta be man enough to swing it for a day :laughing:

Staffydog33

The Etrac is a proven silver slayer, the Equinox 800 won't have the information the CTX3030 gives you before you dig, however i do see an advantage on the beach, speed, lightness, chain detection over CTX , Excal, most everything ML put's out, does a good job, they all have there weaknesses, i am sure i will like my EQ 800 , just like i like all the rest of the ML machines, i am glad to see ML is pushing the future generation of detector's, as i see other manufacturer's that are not keeping up to par , now i look forward to see other manufacturer's jump into the competition, a Plus for detectorist's , the only thing i would have liked would be a pinpoint button like the CTX3030 on the NOX, hope the pinpoint on the screen doesn't ware out , like the Teknetic's- Euro tek Pro's, however the way they have it might be better for water proofing. Happy hunting, Earl

I understand people being hesitant on "new technology" claims. You know what they say. "If it sound too good!" But for me my requirements are simple at this stage of the game. Being good on gold was a biggie, but accurate target ID is right there at the top. Good depth is up there, but I still put target ID accuracy in my top needs. So far it seems OK.

I'll know once I get my hand on one.

I can't say that it doesn't raise my eyebrows to watch,,,,,actually watched it last night,,,,,I say different conditions may be different results if it could actually still find the chain or not,,,,,also, if you watch, it appears the guy with the excal is running his coil higher,,,,dunno,,,,I won't be a beta tester but for the price, if it finds chains, I have a nearby beach that is plum full of them near shore and won't have to worry about dunking the machine,,,,,we shall see,,,,GL LHH

Back
Top Bottom