• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Man arrested in metal detector theif

pan4au

Elite Member
http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Man-arrested-for-metal-detector-robbery-in-Denison-483093301.html
DENISON, Tex. (KXII) -- The thief accused of taking a Denison man's shovel and metal detector at gunpoint in March is now arrested for the crime.

"Who robs somebody for a metal detector? It's like some kid trying to steal another kid's toy," Ryan Crowley said.

Ryan Crowley said he was out metal detecting near Perry Avenue and Elm Street in Denison two months ago.

"I was in the zone, everything I was finding were 1800s," Crowley said.

But all of a sudden, he looked up and a man he had never seen before approached him.

"Where's the coins, where's the coins, that's all he kept saying, pocket full of coins of money," Crowley said.

Crowley said the man then held a gun to his head and stole his $10 shovel and beloved $400 metal detector.

"At the time it felt like he was kidnapping one of my kids, ya know what I mean, I love that thing, I find so much silver with it," Crowley said.

Now a little more than two months later, a man is behind bars for the crime.

"I was so happy, I ain't gonna lie, I cried," Crowley said.

Kellen Fadare was arrested Thursday for aggravated robbery.

If I was the robber, I'd appeal on the basis of 'Discrimination and no Sens! :laughing:

I've gotta blame the victim just a lil bit even! "One of my kids get grabbed"? In a park in broad daylight? And Ive got a shovel? Oh hell no! (or hell yes depending on the kid)

Story should read: "Dead guy found in park dumpster with a $10 shovel stuck up his coalchute, Worm Digger turf war suspected"....

And then ..."I was so happy, I aint gonna lie, I cried!" Crying? whats that all about? Sure I could see a Minelabber crying...especially at a speed hunt, or waiting for a repair in season of course....

A Teeboy or Fisher rig runner would of ate that guys liver for lunch! Non story! Happy for the company even! "Wheres the coins! Wheres the coins!" Thats more of a question we all ask ourselves than a viable threat?

Whats the World coming to? Theres no crying in Metal detecting! Crying is for golfers!

Last edited:
iu

:laughing:
I've gotta blame the victim just a lil bit even! "One of my kids get grabbed"? In a park in broad daylight? And Ive got a shovel? Oh hell no! (or hell yes depending on the kid)

In the game of Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock, gun beats shovel every time.

Mud puppy musings

I can agree on crying while waiting weeks for ML repairs but cmon man,
"Crying is for golfers!" that's stepping over the line.

Stealing a detector at gunpoint? I thought that just happened in Florida.

I was thinking, AFTER the perp is done serving his jail time they should tack on 3 months of daily "community service" where he is required to detect and dig up ONLY the trash, (pull-tabs, can slaw, ect.) and put any good finds back in the dirt in all the local parks that allow detecting, any violation will tack on an extra month. Then the detectorist who has his detector back can have a good long while of pretty much trash free hunting :lol:

I was thinking, AFTER the perp is done serving his jail time they should tack on 3 months of daily "community service" where he is required to detect and dig up ONLY the trash, (pull-tabs, can slaw, ect.) and put any good finds back in the dirt in all the local parks that allow detecting, any violation will tack on an extra month. Then the detectorist who has his detector back can have a good long while of pretty much trash free hunting :lol:

Better yet, make him dig targets for the guy he robbed :lol:

Better yet, make him dig targets for the guy he robbed :lol:

:laughing:

......and haul off any trash too :lol:

Back
Top Bottom