• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found a Gold Ring, However, Money is in Boat Anchors and Chains

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Went out to the raft off last night. Not another detectorist in sight. Worked for me. Played until 2am. Found the silver Claddagh ring first and some change. Finally hit a gold band. YEA!! Got back to the marina at 2am and slept. Decided to hit another spot today. Boy am I glad I did. I guess the picture will tell everything. A bit of clad and a few more sunglasses and BAM.

When I saw that chain hanging from the scoop I was floored. And yes I waded in this spot. A good day out in the water. 67.46 grams of 14K.

Dang I mean Dang. That is one heck of a find. Congratulations seems so inadequate for a find like that.

Gosh, I've been looking at all my friends FB posts about being at the raft off and for once, wish i was back in Michigan. Eh, good for you though! You deserve it, glad to see you got something "GOOD"!!!

Sweet

Now that's a pay day Scuba, i guess you saw no eye candy under water :?::shock::lol: howboutit , was hoping for a video, what happened to your Chinese camera :?:

:dingding: I can't believe you were able to bring that huge anchor and chain up! :wow: Those Cuban link chains usually carry nice weight to them. Congrats on the ring as well! If those Ray Bans are real and undamaged that was a nice find too!!

Now that's a pay day Scuba, i guess you saw no eye candy under water :?::shock::lol: howboutit , was hoping for a video, what happened to your Chinese camera :?:

Water was all stirred up, I hunted at night till 2am this morning, today I didn't put my camera on my detector. I forgot about it. No mermaids, no women, just me looking for treasure.

:dingding: I can't believe you were able to bring that huge anchor and chain up! :wow: Those Cuban link chains usually carry nice weight to them. Congrats on the ring as well! If those Ray Bans are real and undamaged that was a nice find too!!

I suspect fake like the last two pair. Ray Ban is not etched into the left hand lens.

I forgot to mention, on the way out to detecting, I spotted something floating in the water. I actually thought it was a person but hoping it wasn't. Glad it wasn't. Looks like an official pig skin:

Damn...that'll pay for a couple tanks of air:lol: Congrats on the anchor, chain and the rest...outstanding weekend!

I think it will pay for a bit of my electric bill since I fill my own tanks. 1629.00 is a good pay day.

Nothing like a dedicated hunter, that found heavy GOLD, was the chain & boat charm on top , or under a few inches ?

It was under. Possibly lost a few years ago. The spot I found it at has very high water and not many boaters anchor there anymore. It used to be a major playground for boaters

Last edited:
Man I am glad your back in the groove!! We were getting worried! Very nice chunk of 14k!!

:jawdrop::lookclose::wow2: Wow that is an amazing find!

You got me good! I thought you found a gold ring but had to pay for boat repairs! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom