**Day 3 at the Tearout, set a new personal Buffalo Record**

goes4ever

Elite Member
today I met up with diggerDan and we went back to the sidewalk tearouts for a third trip for me. This place has been absolutely amazing at giving up the goods the first two trips there. Today was no different.

First dig of the day was a nice V nickel, then scored a merc dime laying right on the surface of an area I knew I went over before. Today I went super slow and gridded it pretty tight.

There was an empty lot where an old house burned down in the 1970's and now there is just a house trailor sitting on the lot. I knocked and asked the owner if he minded if we went over the lot, and explained to him we were detecting all the sidewalk tearouts in front of his property. He gave us the green light but told me his lot has been detected several times. LOL....that means nothing to me, in fact I consider it a challenge! Right off the bat I started getting buffalo nickels, 1..2...3....4....wow. Amazing.....then got 3 mercs bam, bam, bam....one was a 1916...4th 1916 merc in 3 weeks now. LOL, got 2 wheats and an indian, then back to more tearouts. Nabbed another indian, a token for good for 5 cents at the bar, then my 5th buffalo. Wow, a new personal record for the most buffalos in a day for me.

Found the little sterling "Jean" charm and a couple more wheats to end the day. This tearout has been the best I have ever done. In 3 trips there, and about 12 total hrs hunting I got the following:

8 silver dimes
10 indians
8 buffalo
2 V nickels
21 wheats
2 tokens
silver charm

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

WTG Terry! All those nice oldies, WOW is all I can say. I know what you mean they tell you its been detected before. I always think "Good, maybe they got all the trash and clad and I can focus on deep stuff." BTW, what type of lighting do you use for your pictures, sunlight? Best wishes and HH, Dave. p.s. I got a 2-center today!

WTG Terry! All those nice oldies, WOW is all I can say. I know what you mean they tell you its been detected before. I always think "Good, maybe they got all the trash and clad and I can focus on deep stuff." BTW, what type of lighting do you use for your pictures, sunlight? Best wishes and HH, Dave. p.s. I got a 2-center today!

yes I use natural sunlight, I think it looks best :D what do you think?

Yet again, you amaze all of us. Sweeeeeet Finds!!!! and another 1916 is fricking ridiculous!!!

Great job bro, you are the king of tearouts. Good job on getting back there and cleaning out the rest of them signals.

I know this is a stupid question, but what would a handful of those old coins be worth?

not a lot because they are dug, silver dimes are worth $3-4 bucks each, others not much. To me the value is finding something so old that someone lost many yrs ago

Amazing, your streak continues, that is just an awesome set of finds! Very nice, congrats!

thats a great day. looks like whoever detected that before musta forgot to turn their detector on :lol:

Back
Top Bottom