Giant foreign silver

Kilbreath85

I don't post as much as I should. I have found quite a few goodies lately. But today I found a pretty good one.

I had about an hour and a half before work to detect.
Junk metal, junk metal, a bullet another bullet. A modern tent spike. Then an 84,90, 79, junk metal signal on my mx sport. Flipped the plug and got out my pinpointer out. Suddenly a giant disk.
IMG_1114.jpgIMG_1116.jpgIMG_1114.jpg

Second silver dollar like coin from this area( the first was a 1769 Bavarian dollar) And by area I mean a 232 acre area. Needles to say I'm pretty happy about this find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... well... my partner in crime finally posted a find! Don’t be fooled guys. This S*B has found more treasure than most of us ever dream of. Hopefully, he keeps posting!

Holy silver pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huuuuuuugggge Huuuuuugggeee congrats to ya. How much does that beast weigh???
It looks to me like its bigger than a dollar??!!
Did you show us the back?

Wow that's a phenomenal find! Lots of folks here have been digging up some foreign silver lately. Congrats on the huge chunk of silver there!

Congrats!!!
After seeing such huge silver a guy could be in danger of developing a Napoleonic complex🤣

Wow, what a beauty!! Am I correct in seeing that you have the "Flag" mint one? That's just what I could find on the internet....... Too cool!

I have no idea about French mint marks. I haven't done the research on it yet. I will be curious to looked it up and see what I can learn about it.

This is why I got into detecting. I keep going out time after time praying that with a little bit of luck I just may dig something that awesome.

Congrats!!!

That is awesome!! Super happy to see a second one of these dug in CA. I dug one last march and the first coin I dug to have writing around the rim. I did find a good webisight on them to look up the mint mark!! I will see if I can find it. Some are worth big bucks.. Good Job!

Edit, Man I have some grizzly paws. they coin looks way bigger in your hand...lol:D

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=246749

Attachments

• franc1.jpg
    franc1.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 300
  • franc2.jpg
    franc2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 20170429_213544.jpg
    20170429_213544.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 282
  • franc 3.jpg