Afternoon Montana dig, Barber, Mercs, Sterling & more!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Headed up to Missoula and hunted for about 5 hours, went back to that general neighborhood where MTtrashdigger and I hunted last Saturday.

Got permission at 3 homes, a 1930's, a 1938, and a 1920's home. The first yard was a few blocks away from where I ended up, and must have had work done with the dirt as all I could find was clad, lots of quarters for some reason, and no complaints from me as I will dig clad quarters all day, but not a single wheatie or other old coin. Headed back to the older section, and started in on the curb strips that were not finished from that previous trip. First silver was a 1906-D Barber Dime, located right along the sidewalk going thru the parking strip up to the house. The next silver was a 1918-S Merc in really good shape, that came out of the curb strip right next to where the cars park. There was a rusty bolt in the same hole but I got enough high tone to dig and glad I did! The last silver was a 1917-S Merc Dime, fairly worn, and it too came out of the edge of the curb strip, also found a 1907 Liberty Head nickel in good shape, and some wheat pennies and lots of clad.

The second permission yard had thick topsoil. I found lots of copper pennies and just a few wheaties. I did get the "STERLING" marked silver ring, and a "gold colored" ring of some sort. Also found a MASSACHUSETTS TRANSIT AUTHORITY token, no idea what it was doing in this front yard. Also got a fairly modern blazer / fashion button, made like the Hessian Soldiers button from the Revolutionary War. The Latin on it says "God is our Hope."

The last yard was the 1920's house, lots of wheat pennies, a hem weight and copper pennies, and that was it for the day. My back is a bit sore from the up and downs and swinging that AT Pro, so might have to take a break for a while. All in all a very decent hunt and I am happy with the finds! Thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 209
Silver's, Sterling, Wheat's and a good handful of clad. That is what it is al about David, don't get much better than that. Congrats my friend on another very fine outing. Trapper

Congrats on the silver, V, & wheaties! Nice finds! :woot:

Thank you Wolf-Dog!

Silver's, Sterling, Wheat's and a good handful of clad. That is what it is al about David, don't get much better than that. Congrats my friend on another very fine outing. Trapper

Thank you Trapper, checked the newer stuff I got over $5 in clad so that will buy some silver coins at the end of the year.

awesome hunt you got some nice keepers congrats

Thank you brncofan!

That’s a good days hunt, all your missing is the gold lol... hope you feel better and get another good day soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom