XP Deus and what it means for Minelab

:wow:
what a nutta :laughing:
all this is showing is the sensitivity and ground not being set right or after to many shocks the GB has to be set again. the older xp,s which have manual nobs like the goldmaxx and gmaxx do the same if the ground button is pushed to far + or - and if sens is to high, these machines are very sensative so to much ground adjustment and sens can cause false signals sounding of especialy when cliping stones or plants or shaking it like a spaz, also often when run mega high trying to sneek extra depth it infact does the oposite as the ground will not permit it and you can get extra depth and better signal recognition by actualy droping the sens and adjusting the ground acordingly like headlights in the fog

they shoulda used a bigger tree :lol:
If you are used to dig a smoothly trimmed lawn, then you do not understand. The man simply shows the presence of phantom signals at the touch of bushes and branches, as well as by shaking coil. It also shows that he can not make the right ground balance on this area of ​​land.
Hence the question: is this the problem of Deus in general, or this is a problem of a single coil?

If you are used to dig a smoothly trimmed lawn, then you do not understand. The man simply shows the presence of phantom signals at the touch of bushes and branches, as well as by shaking coil. It also shows that he can not make the right ground balance on this area of ​​land.
Hence the question: is this the problem of Deus in general, or this is a problem of a single coil?

I think he is just pissed at the bush and the deus was all that was handy

:wow:
what a nutta :laughing:
all this is showing is the sensitivity and ground not being set right or after to many shocks the GB has to be set again. the older xp,s which have manual nobs like the goldmaxx and gmaxx do the same if the ground button is pushed to far + or - and if sens is to high, these machines are very sensative so to much ground adjustment and sens can cause false signals sounding of especialy when cliping stones or plants or shaking it like a spaz, also often when run mega high trying to sneek extra depth it infact does the oposite as the ground will not permit it and you can get extra depth and better signal recognition by actualy droping the sens and adjusting the ground acordingly like headlights in the fog

I'd be interested to know what settings you use for field work with the GMP, to get reasonable depth.
Most suggest setting everything at about 12 o'clock

hi alan

its all very ground depending but on most of my ground i am able to run my ground around 11 o clock even 10 sometimes before i get falsing and loss of some iron and signal recognition but i find it gives me a bit more depth with the gmp n when it does start falsing on clipping things i raise the ground back to 12, i mainly stick with iron threshold just out of auto till the edge of the coil grrrs on bigger iron for my gmp it is just past the 5, silencer 1, sens 3 o clock till over a bizy patch n drop it back to 10,11 ish iron volume 12 o clock, if realy bizy i put the little elipy on which i have found sneeks a tad bit more depth inamognst the iron and sometimes with the ground the same but i quite often riase the ground till 1 ish as signal recognition seems easyer and put the silencer in 0 wich seems faster and raise sens to around 12 but you have to keep your ears open its surprising how far you can turn the sens down and still not loose depth i,v often had a right jummble of iron and a maybe sound and turning the sens right back to almost nothing the maybe signal becomes a yes
on pasture and i tend to try n run the sens just out of parasites n silencer 1 ground again 11 or more left, ground permiting, deeper iron signals are harder but with upping the threshold and iv you can tell a deep big iron maybe signal

Should I buy E-Trac or Deus?

Hello all,

I have been using a GTI 2500 for a few years now, and have not been very happy with it. I mainly hunt coins in old areas in the country - old houses, schoolhouses, etc. I have read quite a bit and it looks like my best options are the E Trac or the Deus. Obviously there are pros and cons to each. I would be interested in advice from others. Many thanks!

I had and loved my E-Trac but have had shoulder surgery in the past and just could not swing the E-Trac for any length of time and if I used it one day the following day I found myself using a lighter detector "Omega" the next day. I hunt mainly by ear and use the screen as secondary option to reinforce what I'm hearing but if the target is deeper still mainly go by the audio rather than the VDI. I am considering the Deus simply for weight and after reading several testimonials think the Deus may fit my needs and hunting style. I believe in Minelabs and had a lot of success with my E-Trac, loved the tones especially on silver but the weight I couldn't handle and for me that's one big deciding factor.

I'm still reading and watching videos of and about the Deus but so far have liked what I've seen and read. The price is the big drawback for me right now as I would have to sell off a few detectors to afford one and would limit me to just using the Deus which probably wouldn't be a bad thing but worth weighing the options over IMO.

For anyone not having any shoulder problems and able to swing the E-Trac without any problems they are good proven detectors once you learn their language and why they have such a loyal following, you don't get that rep without being backed up by proof.

It all comes down to personal preference and abilities and of course how deep your pockets are. :digginahole:

Hello all,

I have been using a GTI 2500 for a few years now, and have not been very happy with it. I mainly hunt coins in old areas in the country - old houses, schoolhouses, etc. I have read quite a bit and it looks like my best options are the E Trac or the Deus. Obviously there are pros and cons to each. I would be interested in advice from others. Many thanks!

Find a dedicated forum for each machine, see which one's posts are mainly about trying to set programs, details about functionality etc. Then see which one is more about finds...that may be a clue.

Now the Deus has been out for a number of years more recently it has come here so there are European forums that have been reporting on it for quite awhile so check them out.

I had and loved my E-Trac but have had shoulder surgery in the past and just could not swing the E-Trac for any length of time and if I used it one day the following day I found myself using a lighter detector "Omega" the next day. I hunt mainly by ear and use the screen as secondary option to reinforce what I'm hearing but if the target is deeper still mainly go by the audio rather than the VDI. I am considering the Deus simply for weight and after reading several testimonials think the Deus may fit my needs and hunting style. I believe in Minelabs and had a lot of success with my E-Trac, loved the tones especially on silver but the weight I couldn't handle and for me that's one big deciding factor.

I'm still reading and watching videos of and about the Deus but so far have liked what I've seen and read. The price is the big drawback for me right now as I would have to sell off a few detectors to afford one and would limit me to just using the Deus which probably wouldn't be a bad thing but worth weighing the options over IMO.

For anyone not having any shoulder problems and able to swing the E-Trac without any problems they are good proven detectors once you learn their language and why they have such a loyal following, you don't get that rep without being backed up by proof.

It all comes down to personal preference and abilities and of course how deep your pockets are. :digginahole:

Have you tried switching arms, it will seem akward at first but it can be done, sort of like learning to switch hit. My hunting partner hurt his arm playing volleyball and he switched, at first it seemed hard for him but when his right arm got better he would sometimes forget and use his left.

Watch the vid closely

Something tells me that guy wants his money back.

He keep ground balancing in the same spot(buy the stump) the last time he puts the detector down there you can here it sounding off on something... He moves when he is shaking it and if you look the machine is showing the ground is actually scanning in the high 80's so when he adjusts to 89 the machine is fine... :roll:

Last edited:
Have you tried switching arms, it will seem akward at first but it can be done, sort of like learning to switch hit. My hunting partner hurt his arm playing volleyball and he switched, at first it seemed hard for him but when his right arm got better he would sometimes forget and use his left.

I did try switching on off during hunting and just can't seem to get the hang of it left handed. For me it's like patting your head and rubbing your stomach and switching........LOL I currently swing a Safari as I like Minelabs FBS and their Pro coils and as I mentioned sold my E-Trac but wanted to stay with something similar to the E-Trac. The Safari so far has treated me well it just doesn't have all the bells and whistles the E-Trac did and the Disc. isn't quite as nice but I manage.
Thanks for the reply, I even tried the swingy thingy gizmo but didn't care for it either.

I don't recall ever reading a bad detector review written by Andy Sabisch.

true! mr. sabisch , savvy as he is,loved the cz's from fisher,as well as the
minelabs too! seems just as you begin to believe he will endorse just ONE brand,he switches alleigences with another brand.he's "all over" the deus now!
geeez! wonder if this has anything to do with the fact,he is selling them?
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I don't recall ever reading a bad detector review written by Andy Sabisch.

this is true,however i don't believe i have EVER read ANY metal detector review by ANY author that was negative,and i have been readin' 'em for way over 30 years!..mr. sabisch just happens to be sellin' deus,so the question begs,would you expect him to reveal ANYTHING negative about it? just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I'm going to meet him soon at a detecting seminar. I'll ask him if he ever gave negative reviews.

true! mr. sabisch , savvy as he is,loved the cz's from fisher,as well as the
minelabs too! seems just as you begin to believe he will endorse just ONE brand,he switches alleigences with another brand.he's "all over" the deus now!
geeez! wonder if this has anything to do with the fact,he is selling them?
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Certainly nothing wrong with not being brand loyal in my book which I think is the point Andy is trying to convey. I think Andy simply uses what works for him and writes a review based on his experience with the particular detector he happens to be using. I happen to have a CZ3D and had an E-Trac and think they both are very good detectors each having their own niche and following, I say use and review what works for you. No sense in detector or brand bashing as there is plenty of that already, JMO of course.

Back
Top Bottom