31" Sampson mod

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I bought a sampson recently and really love it...it digs perfect, easy plugs. However, while in the woods the other day I noticed the blade deflecting on small roots of less than 1/4" in diameter. So I did this little mod with a 7/32" chainsaw file and now those little roots are sliced just as easily as plain dirt.

Attachments

• IMG_1663.jpg
    IMG_1663.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 707
I may incorporate that into my DIY version. I was about to ask for advice on any mods to add to mine before I get any closer to final stages. Cool.

I'm not too worried about having to use the warranty. It now cuts so much better in the woods...have to keep it sharp though.

Ive never seen samsons advertised as having a lifetime warrantee...im happy to hear that cuz i own one, but do you have a link to a site that mentions the lifetime warrantee ?

Just call the company, they will probably tell you.
Or maybe not, they could insist on being politically correct about it if there is a shorter than lifetime warranty.

W.W. Manufacturing Company, Inc.
60 Rosenhayn Avenue
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
(856) 451-5700
FAX (856) 451-4985
1-800-452-5547

It is possible there is some sort of specific shorter warranty but from their actions if you need service they don't really care about that.
Here is what I know.

I broke two hand diggers in my career, my fault, I pry too much in hard dirt, rocks and frozen soil, one I modded and put cuts in the opposite side the second I left alone.

After I broke the second one I called them and talked to a nice lady and said I broke 2 of their products.
She said the modded one was out of warranty when I cut into it but send the other one in and they will happily replace it.
She never asked how old it was, how it broke, never mentioned anything about warranty cards, receipts or any other paperwork...all she said was send it in and they will replace it.
I packed it in a box, mailed it in and within about one week or so I received a new one in the box with a new sheath and they paid for the return shipping.

2 other hunters on other forums posted they had bent their Sampsons also prying up things that were a bit tougher than this tool and wondered about the warranty and what to do.
I told them what my experience was, gave them the number to call and both did.
After they called they posted again about their experience and it sounded familiar.
Same exact thing as mine, no questions were asked about anything...both were told to just send the tools in and they would be replaced for free.

Can't ask more of a company than that, no matter what the actual paperwork says it appears to them the warranties on their tools is the same as Sears used to have on their Craftsman tools...when they used to make them well.
"If you break it we will replace it".

I am tough on my tools, tougher than I should be so I try to protect myself when I can by buying quality tools from companies that know what customer service and going the extra mile is all about.

thanks it's post like these that help us newbees get off to a much better start, I will make the mod, just have to buy my Sampson first.
Which is another thing, I would not have never thought about that Sampson, but since you like it and are a pro, "I'M In"

Back
Top Bottom